Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
yellowmix
KVRian
 
647 posts since 10 Aug, 2012

Postby yellowmix; Thu May 03, 2018 8:10 am Re: Do you wear a watch?

Depends. It's a fashion accessory so for formal and white collar business events, definitely. Most days my lines of work would get them damaged or be a liability (getting hooked) so I don't, or wear a beater when it's convenient. But I also adore the engineering nature of a mechanical watch and it's nice having one on your wrist. And yeah, I use winders.

It is nice that it's entirely an option these days. Apparently kids can't tell time from an analog clock any more. Not sure if that's a negative thing; I've thought about it and can't think of a use that plain old numbers can't resolve just as well, if not faster.
User avatar
Unaspected
KVRist
 
418 posts since 4 May, 2012

Postby Unaspected; Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 am Re: Do you wear a watch?

I didn't wear a watch before I had a mobile phone and still don't. Only instances when I'm checking time are when I'm using a PC, baking or travelling so there is no need for a wristwatch. I don't care for fashion though I quite like the idea of pocket watches.
User avatar
Bombadil
KVRAF
 
1639 posts since 31 Aug, 2013, from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Postby Bombadil; Thu May 03, 2018 9:12 am Re: Do you wear a watch?

ghettosynth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Nope. Hate them. Don't have a smartphone, either. I am a resister to the Zombie Apocalypse.


Look at that, we have something in common. I just annoy other people by asking them what time it is, if it's really important that is, otherwise, I don't give a shit.


We are also both musicians...

Of course, unless you're a DJ.... :P
“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”


Kurt Vonnegut
chk071
KVRAF
 
16453 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu May 03, 2018 9:17 am Re: Do you wear a watch?

Yes. I like watches, and, i also prefer analog time read out. I also like to know what time it is. Definitely a important thing for me. Partly a fashion accessory as well, of course. I doubt that anyone wears a watch purely for the time.
User avatar
Nielzie
KVRAF
 
8997 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Thu May 03, 2018 9:30 am Re: Do you wear a watch?

Nope. I'm always too late anyway.
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.
User avatar
Bodhisan
KVRist
 
465 posts since 7 Aug, 2015, from H2O

Postby Bodhisan; Thu May 03, 2018 11:09 am Re: Do you wear a watch?

Hink wrote:i dont like being touched on my wrists or having anything tight around my wrist so I have never worn a watch.


Precisely. No rings, no necklaces, no watches nor bracelets.
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
4634 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

No. I haven't worn a watch since some time in high school (Casio Databank). I moved it to the loop at the top of my backpack for a while to get it off my arm, because I realized I hated wearing a watch. That was probably 1993 or so. After I got my first Palm OS device, i eventually disposed of the watch. I went from Palm device & cell phone, to iPhone in late 2007 or early 2008. I carry only an iPhone now.

My iPhone generally stays on me, in my pocket when I'm out of the house. I likely will never wear a watch again, nor anything other than clothes. All this "wearable tech" nonsense is of zero interest to me. I wear my glasses as a necessity; I'll never have anything like Google Glass on my face.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
t3toooo
KVRAF
 
1888 posts since 24 Dec, 2005

Postby t3toooo; Thu May 03, 2018 12:35 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

I like smart bands,not so much smart watches as they are too clumsy.
Accurate time,step/activity tracking and notifications.
AnX
KVRAF
 
2812 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Thu May 03, 2018 12:37 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

yellowmix wrote:Depends. It's a fashion accessory...


Not for me. Purely practical.
chk071
KVRAF
 
16453 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu May 03, 2018 12:40 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

AnX wrote:
yellowmix wrote:Depends. It's a fashion accessory...


Not for me. Purely practical.

I don't know whether it's a rumour or not, but, i heard more than once that Italians put their "watch hand" on their car's steering wheel, to show off the watch. ;)
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
11055 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu May 03, 2018 12:41 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

Bombadil wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Nope. Hate them. Don't have a smartphone, either. I am a resister to the Zombie Apocalypse.


Look at that, we have something in common. I just annoy other people by asking them what time it is, if it's really important that is, otherwise, I don't give a shit.


We are also both musicians...

Of course, unless you're a DJ.... :P


Ah see, no, I no longer claim to be a musician. I now assert, like Eno, that I am a non-musician. This tends to improve the conversation as nobody can refute that with their "real musician" arguments.

Similarly, I am a non-DJ and this works in very much the same way.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
36107 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu May 03, 2018 12:41 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

Guenon wrote:
vurt wrote:never worn one and don't have any clocks. until i got this phone which auto sets time and date by gps coordinates id never set the time on any devices


Wow, that must be quite rare. I guess you never had to time a VCR back in the day? :D

But seriously, it's impressive being this hard core about it. Any particular reason, or is the idea just something you don't like? If it's something too personal, no need to elaborate, ofc.

i don't like to be reminded of the passage of time incessantly, tick follows tock follows tick and so on, counting down whats left for you.

why, that not something im willing to share sorry.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
36107 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

ghettosynth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Nope. Hate them. Don't have a smartphone, either. I am a resister to the Zombie Apocalypse.


Look at that, we have something in common. I just annoy other people by asking them what time it is, if it's really important that is, otherwise, I don't give a shit.


We are also both musicians...

Of course, unless you're a DJ.... :P


Ah see, no, I no longer claim to be a musician. I now assert, like Eno, that I am a non-musician. This tends to improve the conversation as nobody can refute that with their "real musician" arguments.

Similarly, I am a non-DJ and this works in very much the same way.


ive said all along im not a musician, im an artist, a sonic sculptor. not that i say that out loud, it sounds so pretentious.
but outsiders don't seem to see any difference, they just hear bad music, im like f**k off, with your "its not music." even if you are my mum doesn't give you the right to say its shite because you cant dance to it!
experimental.crow
KVRAF
 
5431 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills

Postby experimental.crow; Thu May 03, 2018 12:57 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

i have a pocket watch ...
Image
AnX
KVRAF
 
2812 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Thu May 03, 2018 12:58 pm Re: Do you wear a watch?

chk071 wrote:
AnX wrote:
yellowmix wrote:Depends. It's a fashion accessory...


Not for me. Purely practical.

I don't know whether it's a rumour or not, but, i heard more than once that Italians put their "watch hand" on their car's steering wheel, to show off the watch. ;)



You've got to watch those italians hands..
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic