Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
tapper mike
KVRAF

4703 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 pm Still Blogging?

I got a blogger account about 6 months ago. Still haven't published my first article.

Years before I built my own blog portal using only sheer will and raw php. It was a way to test myself to see if I could build a portal from scratch. It spawned a career for me. Later I would use all the popular portal systems and customize them for clients. I had a forum with 2K active users (not bots) and would blog there as well.

Up until last year I was blogging at a songwriters forum. I kind of want to blog again. But most of me already has plenty to do with what little free time I have.
stratum
KVRAF

1852 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby stratum; Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 pm Re: Still Blogging?

Only reading:)
~stratum~
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

4634 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Tue May 15, 2018 10:15 am Re: Still Blogging?

Not a lot. I occasionally post stuff on an anti-tech/computer industry blog. I used to have a very personal blog. I post much less about personal things there these days. When I started being stalked, and discovered a hate-blog dedicated to defaming me and my friends (and Wordpress explicitly changed their TOS to avoid doing anything about the hate blog), I got the hint that the internet is an unregulated playground for sociopaths and assholes (banning the stalkers from my blog is what inspired them to create their own bar blog). This was all years ago, but the experience sticks.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
tapper mike
KVRAF

Postby tapper mike; Tue May 15, 2018 2:34 pm Re: Still Blogging?

Yeah, I've had a few death threats. Oddly they would come at me from where I worked at a software company. It was a very stupid move as our support systems backend was... damn near impenetrable. The guy stupidly used his work account to access us and threaten me. The FBI was called in and it lead to a major investigation. It wasn't just me or my company he was doing the stuff to. He was fired and got 7 years. Not really because of me but because of all the other victims as well.

With regards to wordpress. I ran my own for a few years. Then they did a "minor" update and my db was no longer compatible with wp. I had to pull all the data by downloading it and copy/paste to get it up and running again. I decided after 20 minutes of copy/paste that if I was going to do that it would be on a different blog system.
jancivil
KVRAF

14874 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Wed May 16, 2018 1:21 am Re: Still Blogging?

When wordpress.com quit hosting mp3s I quit them. I don't blame them but it's not that useful for me without that.

Me blogging, there are like 4 people that would even occasionally read it, why bother, though. And I'm not trying to expand that. I was going to use one as sort of a diary to keep track of what my own thoughts have been vs later but I'm not even that interested in me apparently.

The only blogs I read are political in nature. I don't use them as a forum for comments, personally.
I'm not a very modern person in some ways. But compared to my new roommate, who doesn't seem to have ever been online...
tapper mike
KVRAF

Postby tapper mike; Sat May 19, 2018 9:39 am Re: Still Blogging?

I would never use a blog as a diary. But thanks for the idea of writing a diary / journal again. My practice routine is unfocused. Having a journal to record what I play and for how long will give me the focus I need to complete some goals.
tapper mike
KVRAF

Postby tapper mike; Sat May 19, 2018 9:01 pm Re: Still Blogging?

After making the above post. I found myself looking for an offline journal app. Something I can keep running in the background. Jot down diary notes and mark progress for musical goals. I don't want it on the cloud I don't want it to sync to my phone. It's even password protected.
http://journaleyapp.com/
jancivil
KVRAF

14874 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Mon May 21, 2018 7:18 am Re: Still Blogging?

:tu:

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic