Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
funky lime
KVRian

1089 posts since 17 Sep, 2002

Postby funky lime; Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 am Any D&D (or other tabletop RPG) players here?

I'm looking to get a game together on Roll20 as DM (5e probably, but willing to branch out) and was wondering if there were any other tabletop gamers around here. It's a pretty neat service (even the free account is full-featured for players). Even if you've never played, but are curious, I've run a few one-shot games already that were aimed specifically at people with little to no experience.

Even if you don't want to join my game, and I wouldn't blame you, I'm just curious how many people here are into that sort of thing. The collaborative "make-believe" seems to fit nicely with the creative mindset, and I have had the good fortune to have played in the past with some very creative people (writers, actors, musicians).

Plus, I've also had some fun using 12-sided dice to come up with musical "rules" for songwriting challenges (fits nicely with there being 12 notes). Here is an example of what I mean; my friend created this little web app for FAWM this year based on a d12 rule set we devised for imposing limitations on our compositions.

Any other icosahedron-slingers out there?
vurt
addled muppet weed

35378 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 am Re: Any D&D (or other tabletop RPG) players here?

i used to, did the whole dnd in a dark room, warhammer (original not 40k) had a bloodbowl team for a bit too 8)
but sadly, all a long time ago :(

although like you i still have a set of gamers die, and use the various numbered ones for choices along the way in compositions :)
funky lime
KVRian

1089 posts since 17 Sep, 2002

Postby funky lime; Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 am Re: Any D&D (or other tabletop RPG) players here?

I've never seen anyone at the local game stores actually playing Warhammer; they just obsessively paint their thousands of dollars worth of miniatures.

or is that how you're supposed to play? :hihi:
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25876 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 am Re: Any D&D (or other tabletop RPG) players here?

Once upon a time. So long ago that it was disparaged as 'wargaming lite' to half the tiny number of folk that had heard of it, and it was still obscure enough not to have yet gotten its subsequent 'nerd' pejorative. (Or the 'satanic' one for that matter.)
Less D&D than some other stuff though.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Richard deHove
KVRist

277 posts since 22 Mar, 2016

Postby Richard deHove; Thu May 17, 2018 6:44 am Re: Any D&D (or other tabletop RPG) players here?

Been many many years since I did a RPG. My group started with the original 3-book D&D set. Then moved to Metamorphasis Alpha and finally the Metagaming (?) version. I remember once after months of real and game time spent on a wilderness campaign I had to get a wagontrain of gold back to the city. It was like some western movie. Loads of fun.
AsPeeXXXVIII
KVRist

273 posts since 17 Aug, 2015, from Finland

Postby AsPeeXXXVIII; Sat May 19, 2018 5:00 am Re: Any D&D (or other tabletop RPG) players here?

*eagerly raises hand*
"Creativity is a lot like sex. When it's spontaneous, it's good, but forcing it makes it bad."
My metal music | My electronic music

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic