ANNOUNCEMENT: Stephen Howell passed away

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i can't believe i've only just heard about this. awful news.

much love to Stephen's family.

I only just heard, looked here at KVR , at this forum and saw it.
Very sad news and like all others, condolences to family and friends.

Hollow Sun's whole ethos was the inspiration behind my starting Rhythmic Robot. Stephen himself was friendly, encouraging and relaxed in a way you would never expect from someone who – from the outside – might be seen as a competitor. He was astonishingly informed, talented and inspirational; all capped off with a very British sense of humour and of the absurd. His instrument design and creativity were everything that indie developers should be. I'm so sorry he's gone. We're all the poorer.

Mario, please do let his family know how many people out here have been touched by the work he's done. And thank you for keeping the faith.

Best wishes,

Guy (aka The Professor)

the professor wrote:Mario, please do let his family know how many people out here have been touched by the work he's done.

They know, they've been reading the forums. :)

I found out about this just today.
Very sad news.
Steve's work has been a great inspiration.
RIP and heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

http://soundbytesmag.net/stephenhowellt ... nmemoriam/

SoundBytes magazine included this in their July issue. Thanks, David.

just found out, RIP Stephen :-(

Out of habit, I keep checking for new Hollow Sun releases, then I remember. :(
Stephen, you are missed.

How can I have been going about for so long without knowing Stephen was no longer here in the flesh with us? I spent all summer only wondering what he was up to next. Waiting patiently for his next creation. I loved his work so much, and he had such a pleasing personnality, inspiring confidence in others...

What a shock! Sorely missed...

My humble condoleances to all his family and friends

Best wishes to his close loved ones

Jean

Best wishes to Stephens family. He did some really incredible and helpful work!!!! Love his products!!!! I'm thankful he was here.

Sad news. Stephen was very talented. I own almost all of the sample sets and I play guitar! Hah.

Best regards to the family and survivors. His contribution to sampling will be sorely missed.

A wonderful legacy in his stead, has been left behind. Still, our hearts vex under the weightiness of the loss. Continued prayers for Mrs. Howell and family.

I've yet to hear another CP-70/80 sample set, in any format, that retains such character and even, well-balanced tone as the HS "Definitive CP70".
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I only just leaned about this today. When I first started my site, Stephen contacted me out of the blue offering praise and advice. He even offered to host some of my work on his site when I had bandwidth problems and later offered to help out if I needed any graphics work done (something he excelled at). I only knew him via email and this forum but he was a very generous man. Shocked and saddened.

Just stumbled on to this... Haven't been on the boards as much and completely missed this. Very sad news. I've always been a fan of his many sample collections and their often unique offerings like with the Alien Devices. I don't have any personal connections or stories other than to say I've always respected his work.

So sad to hear this.

I hope Evil Dragon, et. al. can keep Steve's legacy and vision alive in the future. Maybe a partnership with Rhythmic Robot (always though of those as two sides of the same coin)?

In any case, deepest condolences to Steve's family and friends.

Return to “Hollow Sun”