The Hollow Sun Novachord is now available

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

toine6 wrote:You may need to reword your String Synths sample description.....
himalaya wrote:I suppose it just needs a * after this sentence: Pre-dating polyphonic synths by some years and a footnote to explain the Novachord's miraculous existence back in 1930s.
Pedants!!!! :roll:

:wink:
toine6 wrote:I'll be buying the Novachord samples as soon as I get a few other things out of the way.
himalaya wrote:I will be getting this as soon as my finances allow.
You know it makes sense!! :wink:

Cheers,

Steve

Ingonator wrote:If the Solina or the Eminent is the king of String synths then the Novachord is the emperor...
:)
Ingonator wrote:At the moment the Novachord samples satisfy most of my needs for Synth string sounds (and several more...) which i tried to get by other samples or several synths before.
On the other hand the Hollow Sun "String Synths" sample set is very nice too.
Just had a thought....

One combination I've not tried is layering the Eminent with a Novachord string sound! Hang on a second....

<later>

Oh dear!! I believe I have just soiled myself!!! :?

Lordy! That is well lush!! :-o

Cheers,

Steve

hollowsun wrote:
Ingonator wrote:If the Solina or the Eminent is the king of String synths then the Novachord is the emperor...
... At the moment the Novachord samples satisfy most of my needs for Synth string sounds (and several more...) which i tried to get by other samples or several synths before.
On the other hand the Hollow Sun "String Synths" sample set is very nice too.
Just had a thought....

One combination I've not tried is layering the Eminent with a Novachord string sound! Hang on a second....

<later>

Come on, where's the demo?!

Tease!

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Are there any plans to offer the samples in another format eventually, say maybe AKAI? I'd like to import them into EmulatorX, as I have an adversion to anything NI. Thanks!
Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches per sec.

hollowsun wrote: One combination I've not tried is layering the Eminent with a Novachord string sound! Hang on a second....

<later>

Cheers,

Steve

I have also tried this and my thoughts are almost the same. Adding some Mellotron sounds is also nice.

Very nice is to add some choir/vox sounds (from the Novachord, String synths, Melltron or PPG sample sets) and a piano like e.g. Truepianos or the FM pianos (also try the Bell sounds !!) from the FS1R sample set.

IMO the ultimate result is achieved by layering 3 or more Novachord string sounds (e.g. "NC346 Induction" + "NC346 Doom Strings" + "NC346 Anode Strings") plus a vox sound (e.g. "NC346 Formant Shift") and a keys sound (e.g. "NC 346 Delicate"). :love:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

JackD wrote:Are there any plans to offer the samples in another format eventually, say maybe AKAI? I'd like to import them into EmulatorX, as I have an adversion to anything NI. Thanks!
Yes....

The plan is (ultimately)...

- Akai S5/6000 (and hence Z4/8, MPC4000 and MPC5000V2 and some s/w samplers)

- EXS24

- Protools 'Structure'

- Alesis Fusion (proprietary)

See HERE

Work is going on apace with these and I have my elves working on them!

More news as I get it.

Cheers,

Steve

hollowsun wrote:
toine6 wrote:You may need to reword your String Synths sample description.....
himalaya wrote:I suppose it just needs a * after this sentence: Pre-dating polyphonic synths by some years and a footnote to explain the Novachord's miraculous existence back in 1930s.
Pedants!!!! :roll:

:P
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

oh.. i'm so excited!!! unfortunately i had to wait for a whole 10 days, yet, i have just purchased it and am currently downloading !!!! cant wait !!! thank you Steve!!

I just have a quick question...is this an intro price, or is this the permanent price? I probably won't be able to get it for a couple of months, and don't want to miss out at this great price!

tman2k (Meathook Audio) wrote:I just have a quick question...is this an intro price, or is this the permanent price? I probably won't be able to get it for a couple of months, and don't want to miss out at this great price!
You will not have any nasty surprises if you wish to purchase in a couple of months. The pricing is not intended to change.
Home of Novachord #346...

Damn, i didn't see the announcement. :oops: Anyway, this went straight to the top three of my 'must buy' items, sadly not possible until first week of March.:roll:

But it sounds every bit as good as we were promised in the parallel thread.:love:

Big, slow 'not quite real' strings are my new thing, and I have a project that could use Novachord very handily...
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

WHoaaaaa :shock: To think I found your site by accident. Hopefully I can get this by the end of the month and maybe some of your other libraries.

Rarely do sound demos put such a big smile on my face. :D

Hopefully it goes along with my upgrade to Kontakt 4. This one could certainly benefit from a sleek "special" control interface, gotta check the docs for creating those :)
In process of making music that reeks of turd

Amazing sound! I would love to see the major success of a massive group buy on this. :) Please consider it in the future. I and a friend would definitely buy into one.

Ingonator wrote:
hollowsun wrote: One combination I've not tried is layering the Eminent with a Novachord string sound! Hang on a second....

<later>

Cheers,

Steve

I have also tried this and my thoughts are almost the same. Adding some Mellotron sounds is also nice.

Very nice is to add some choir/vox sounds (from the Novachord, String synths, Melltron or PPG sample sets) and a piano like e.g. Truepianos or the FM pianos (also try the Bell sounds !!) from the FS1R sample set.

IMO the ultimate result is achieved by layering 3 or more Novachord string sounds (e.g. "NC346 Induction" + "NC346 Doom Strings" + "NC346 Anode Strings") plus a vox sound (e.g. "NC346 Formant Shift") and a keys sound (e.g. "NC 346 Delicate"). :love:
How about layering the Eminent, the Novachord, the Mellotron and the VP-330 Strings/Choir (with Lexicon Reverb)? :-o
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:How about layering the Eminent, the Novachord, the Mellotron and the VP-330 Strings/Choir (with Lexicon Reverb)? :-o
I might be arrested for possessing a weapon of mass destruction! You know what our paranoid authorities are like these days with terrierism!!

;)

Cheers,

Stephen

Return to “Hollow Sun”