NewTron Bomb and the Mellotron samples in Nostalgia

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does NewTron Bomb have more Mellotron stuff (samples, editing capabilities, etc.) than what is included in Nostalgia?
Last edited by terriandralph on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The core samples in NewTron and Nostalgia are the same but the Kontakt version of NewTron has a GUI designed specifically for it...

Frankly, if you have Nostalgia (and it still works!), there's little benefit to buying NewTron unless you like/prefer its scripted GUI.

NewTron does have an extra soundset (16 Violins) however. Whether that's worth it to you is another matter.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for the information. BTW, I'm loving Nostalgia!

:)

I am considering the NewTron Bomb to further complete my Hollow Sun collection.
However, since there are quite a number of Mellotron Patches in the Kontakt factory library (in the 'Vintage' section) I was wondering what kind of sounds NewTron Bomb brings to the party that are not included in the Kontakt factory library.
Last edited by darsho on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newtron has...

- Violins

- Choir (4 male/4 female)

- Flutes

- Mixed strings (cello and three violins)

- Boys choir

- Brass

- 'Watcher' (mix of strings and brass as per Genesis Gothic intro to 'Watcher of the skies')

- 16 violins

Draw your own conclusions!

I like the tracks you posted at Facebook, BTW

Cheers,

Stephen

Hi Steve, thank you for the compliments and the patch-listing of the NewTron Bomb library :)

I just picked up the new version, Newtron Bomb III. I love it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a playable, musical, inspirational Mellotron sample library. It's not a big library, but it's got the good stuff. Blueberry Fields Forever! LOL I also picked up Optomotron. I think it's based on a 1970 instrument made by Mattel. I listed to the patches. Very cool toy. Two thumbs up for these vintage, taped based, hand-crafted sample libraries. Great Job Hollow Sun. Oh, and the price is silly cheap for super high quality. Nice! Very Nice.

Return to “Hollow Sun”