Oscillosine issue

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

My specs win7/x64/kontakt 4.2.2

I don't know how to load a reaper file to show this so I'll do my best to explain.

load "sine of the times"

hit the G#3, A3, A#3 (I guess the "3" could be a 2 or a 4 on some systems) and hold then hit and hold any higher key and the result is a cutout. It only seems to happen on those keys.

Does it in standalone too :)
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmmmm...

Not here

I can't think what the problem might be.

Have you used TRANSPOSE to shift pitch up perhaps?

Cheers,

Steve

Ah!

The error is that the zone producing those three notes is not looped! Download fix: HERE!

Steve, you're gonna have to reupload this for future purchasers ASAP. :)

Hmmmmm....

Kontakt problem!

The sample IS looped but Kontakt's decided to flag that particular zone in that preset as unlooped. :?

It's not immediately noticeable because the sample itself is fairly long before the loop kicks in (or doesn't in this case).

QUICK FIX

Simply replace the existing 'Oscillosine' .NKI with this and the problem SHOULD go away.

Apologies for this.

I'm away now until tomorrow so won't be able to address anything further until I'm back.

Cheers,

Stephen

That appears to have gotten it guys, thanks!

Actually, that sample wasn't looped in groups Sine 2, Sine 7 and Sine 8. It has nothing to do with "Sine of the times" preset in the slightest. I've fixed it in all three groups above, not sure if you catched that sample unlooped in the last 2 groups, Steve. :)

BTW, Steve, I've just tried to load your quick fix file, it seems that sample 208.ncw still isn't looped in groups 2, 7, 8.

My fix works, though ;)

Thanks Mr Dragon! :)

I've had this before in previous incarnations of Kontakt where for no apparent reason, Kontakt doesn't flag one or more zones as 'looped'. The samples are all looped and done exactly the same way but some zones just ignore it! And because the samples are long (and life's too short!), under normal circumstances, it's easily missed.

Anyway, fixed now. New full version will be uploaded a bit later this evening.

Glad you're sorted, Hibidy! :)

Cheers,

Stephen

Return to “Hollow Sun”