Gibson 101 organ

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have two questions

1) Can you built the Gibson 101 organ that was also used by Ray Manzarek no one has built that organ and is faboulus instrument.
2) As you know sometimes ago I bought the Vox Continental and it is nice organ and I enjoyed to use it until now. I have just a question on how to get the best quality sound out of it. Basically the sound is not really as the original Vox because the original Vox has somwething like a more cheesy sound that is specific and that was also the Doors specific sound. I am using a very good keyboard Amp from Roland KC 880 and the Vox continental is used with Kontakt 4 installed on a very powerfull pc. Is there anything else that I can do to improve the quality and the sound type? Does anyone knows what specific settings can be used to achieve as close as possible the doors sound?

Thanks

note
I know that I am repetitive with my doors questions but this is what my band play we are a tribute band here in the Netherlands and I want to try the best doors sound reproduction, that's all.
Davide Violante

You might like to try THIS PLACE, Davide - he has all manner of transistor organs.

The fact of the mater (from my point of view) is that there's not much love for trannie organs. They involve a lot of work to sample, edit, loop and script but just don't sell or make any commercial sense to do because very few people are interested in them any more ... just a few die-hard fans like yourself!

The Vox Conti's been fine for me (because it's a classic trannie organ which people know and like) but the Vermona (which is technically better than the Vox AND has a better Kontakt GUI AND can be used - sort of - as an additive synth) has barely sold any ... embarrassingly few, in fact, and I just about covered costs! :?

That comes with the territory in this (or any) game - some products do better than others which is fair enough - but following the Vermona disappointment, there's little incentive for me to make yet another obscure trannie organ that will sell a handful of units.

But maybe the site I've linked to above has something that might be of use to you.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Stephen

Return to “Hollow Sun”