Kontakt !? ho-hum..

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I've got the CP-70 thingy. When I bought it, it was with a dedicated sampleplayer. I hope I've got all the updates, but today when I (after being away for some time) browsed Hollow Sun, I found that everything's now Kontakt. Although I've been wondering about getting Komplete for some time, my work with EastWest samplestuff makes me wonder if it's wise to enter yet another platform. I'm a EastWest and Reason guy, using those platforms with Cubase, although I'm also using Hauptwerk (the pipe organ thingy).. looking forward to Cubase fixing the ReWire into 64-bit as the Propellers recently made the inevitable upgrade.

However - I'm satisfied with the dedicated Hollowsun CP-70 player.. it works well although I now have to bridge it into my 64-bit Cubase. I find no login for updates on the Hollowsun website anymore, so I guess I've missed out on some information.

Then I listend to the Mellotron-demo on the site.. and I WANT IT!! And this means I have to splash out for Kontakt? I've got a KontaktPlayer license for my old Garritan Orchestra, but that one ended with version 2.5.. I just think it's a tad over top to buy a full sampler when I only need a small player for the sample sets on offer.

To help me decide - will I be able to transfer my old licensed CP-70 into Kontakt should I decide to go for it??
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

eivind wrote:Hi!
I've got the CP-70 thingy. When I bought it, it was with a dedicated sampleplayer.

<snip> .....

However - I'm satisfied with the dedicated Hollowsun CP-70 player.. it works well although I now have to bridge it into my 64-bit Cubase. I find no login for updates on the Hollowsun website anymore, so I guess I've missed out on some information.
Sorry, Elvind. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Hollow Sun has NEVER had a dedicated sample player....

Hollow Sun has made them available in Akai S5/6000 format (now discontinued since the fall from grace of hardware samplers) and now in Kontakt format. I dabbled in Alesis Fusion format and EXS24 but not one of my instruments which I have sold has ever had a dedicated sample player.

Unless, of course, you're referring to Zero-G's 'Nostalgia' which is a completely different product (to which I contributed) but totally separate from Hollow Sun products. And 'Nostalgia' used Kompakt ... which NI discontinued.

Or possibly you're referring to NuSofting's version that used my CP70 samples under license.

Sorry, I'm a little bemused as to what exactly your complaint it. If it IS with 'Nostalgia', you should contact Zero-G but don't hold your breath because NI discontinued Kompakt some time ago so there's not a lot (if anything) Zero-G can do either.

And if it's the NuSofting version, you should take it up with them.

But Hollow Sun has never released any library with dedicated sample players.

Cheers,

Stephen

Return to “Hollow Sun”