Novachord Preset Banks in Kontakt

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering if there is a way to access multiple novachord patches in Kontakt without having to load the samples every time.

I tried creating a Kontakt bank of Novachord sounds, and IIRC it freezes up after I load 30 programs or so.

So now I load the patches as fxps from my host, but this means I must reload the samples each time. Just wondering if there is a way (via scripting perhaps?) to change a patch without actually loading anything. Maybe it would have to be done via a CC rather than PCH--I don't know that kontakt can remap PCH messages.

The ability to just page through Novachord patches like you would those on a normal synth would be really nice.

For now, I'm more often just controlling the Novachord via my drawbars, in a way similar to a B3. It's a lot of fun!

cheers,
-e

Can't do that, sorry. Samples need to be loaded, that's what a sampler does by definition.

What I can suggest, though, is if you didn't already do that, and you use Kontakt 4.2, to resave all the patches in the new K4.2 format. Things will load a lot faster, especially if you turn on background loading.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.

I know samples need to be loaded.... my question is if they could not be RE-loaded when switching patches.

Kontakt will conserve samples between loaded instruments, so if you have multiple patches open with the same samples, only one copy of each sample needs to be loaded. Unfortunately, Kontakt evidently does NOT conserve other elements of a patch.... or else you could easily load 100 novachord patches into a bank. Which you cannot.

Since all the Novachord patches use one of two GUI setups, and are otherwise identical except for knob settings, it seems silly that Kontakt would run out of memory. This is a failing of the software, but one that might be addressable via scripting.

If I assigned every element of the Novachord GUI to a midi controller, I could store all the data externally, and load all patches from one of the Novachord synths via a table of CC data. Just wondering if there wouldn't be a way to do that internally with Kontakt. You would need to script a means of storing a table of data, recalling a row from that table, and updating the values in the GUI--Something IMHO Kontakt should do itself, given the depth of it's synthesis options, and its increasing use as a synth.

Such a script would be handy for any Kontakt instrument that functioned more like a synth.

I suppose this is fundamentally a Kontakt request. I'll guess I'll post this over at NI, and let them ignore it....

cheers,
-eric

The thing is that every NKI that gets loaded does not just load the sample data. There's graphics data, and script variable data as well, and probably some other things, that take RAM.

One other solution would be loading all the Novachord samples in just one NKI and make all presets available within one NKI. But, of course, that's a ton of work.

Looks like they found some scripting wizardry to solve this problem with their newest product, BASS6. It has an onboard set of presets.

I hope there will be an update to bring this functionality to the Novachord....

woodslanding wrote:Looks like they found some scripting wizardry to solve this problem with their newest product, BASS6. It has an onboard set of presets.

I hope there will be an update to bring this functionality to the Novachord....
Techtron also uses a pull down menu in the graphical interface for selecting presets, no need to load up NKI's to do that

Return to “Hollow Sun”