New Music Lab Machine from Hollow Sun...

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm pleased to announce that a new Music Laboratory Machine is now available - 130p.

Our intrepid explorers have once again uncovered some old piece of junk which we have re-fashioned for our own sonic amusement...

With some fiddling and the intoxicating waft of virtual solder, we've created seven oscillators per voice generating asymmetric and rectified true analogue sine and sawtooth waves which are individually mixable and tuneable by way of sliders and thumbwheels respectively. These wave shapes can be detuned with one simple control as well as spread in stereo and balanced before passing to two resonators lifted from our own Novalite ... and we've added a simple LFO to modulate them for retro phase shifting sweeps. There's also FM, AM and bit crunching/sample rate reduction on the oscillators for some lo-fi grunge if you wish.

We've also included our 'Serendipity' button for generating patches at random which you can use as the starting point for your own sounds and 130p also allows you to control 'articulation' - that is, use real-time controllers to shape or phrase amplitude much like a Theremin or Ondes Martenot.

There's also a comprehensive effects chain comprising distortion, speaker emulation, chorus, flanging, rotary cabinet, echo and convolution reverb featuring a wide range of custom made impulses from spring and plate reverbs to rooms, halls and luscious ambiences...

AUDIO 1

AUDIO 2

130p is available now for £8.

DETAILS

How many sounds are there?

best regards

Piet

With the 'Serendipity' button that generates patches at random, kind of unlimited. There's a folder with 20 or so examples in there plus templates to get you started.

Cheers,

Stephen

Instruments such brilliant for so little money. Amazing.
I've K3 Vintage Sampler II and will also buy me 130p.

best regards

Piet

Ok, here's the problem. Yes, it sounds amazing. It looks incredibly cool. Even the price is right. I would love to buy this. Except.....I DON'T HAVE KONTAKT!! I am one of the 12 people left in the world who doesn't own Kontakt so I can't buy your stuff. (heavy sigh)
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Well you can use them in the free Kontakt Player, albeit with time limit. Save up, then purchase Kontakt in one of next NI sales ;)

JJBiener wrote:Ok, here's the problem. Yes, it sounds amazing. It looks incredibly cool. Even the price is right. I would love to buy this. Except.....I DON'T HAVE KONTAKT!! I am one of the 12 people left in the world who doesn't own Kontakt so I can't buy your stuff. (heavy sigh)
We are more that 12... Kontakt is brilliant, but... I'm on Linux and I use LinuxSampler, sfz and gig files only.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

130p looks and sounds just as cool as the other MLM's. I was wondering if 130p is part of the MLM bundle or if it must be purchased separately.

It's a great deal either way and I'm sure to get it now that I have upgraded to Kontakt 5 (the only reason for doing so, btw, being to have access to the MLM's).

Steve
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one...Einstein

SBall wrote:130p looks and sounds just as cool as the other MLM's. I was wondering if 130p is part of the MLM bundle or if it must be purchased separately.
No! 130p is a new release since the MLM Suite and is not a part of it so should be bought separately.

Quite an honour that you bought Kontakt in order to access the MLMs though. Good for you - it'll give you access to a whole wealth of other library as well.

Cheers,

Stephen

Return to “Hollow Sun”