How to get answers from HollowSun ? (missing samples in 130p)

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,
I tried to email hollowsun several times... but never got an answer !
So I am trying here...

I bought 130p, but when loading in kontakt, it complains about some missing samples...(RectSineG3 and G4.ncw for instance...)

I don't expect any quick feedback from big companies, but I thought hollow sun was a small structure with nice guys...

Try to PM Steve here instead.
Hollowsun / Steve are nice guys so I'm sure you'll get an email and / or reply here shortly.

Out of curiosity, what timespan of emailing are you talking about - hours, days or weeks?

Also, I've bought 130p myself and just now (whilst posting this reply) opened it up in Live. Nothing missing from the main 2 template instruments (but I haven't yet checked all the variations) for me.

Anyway, it'll be sorted soon.

That sounds strange and shouldn't happen. Did you perhaps change the folder structure in any way?.

Try redownloading the whole library if you can and unpack it again, deleting the previous library installation beforehand.

I have received no emails from you (or anyone else) about this else you'd have heard back. Because HS is a small independent, I can be on top of issues like this almost by return. Your emails seem to be going astray. Whatever...

I don't understand the problem and concur with EvilDragon.

Cheers,

Stephen

Wow, that was a quick answer...

I wrote to "steve@hollowsun.com", three times:

Re: Hollow Sun May Special 07/05/12 13:31
Re: Order Info - steve@hollowsun.com 22/04/12 09:06
Re: Order Info - steve@hollowsun.com 14/04/12 13:52

Well, I'll try to re-download the library... (just submitted the request to get a new link)

Newsletters and order information e-mails aren't usually those you're supposed to reply to - replies to those e-mails they get filtered out automatically I presume.

You should've started a new, clear e-mail to steve@hollowsun.com. :)

New link approved and sent.

Let me know how you get on. You can think and assume whatever you want when I say this but I promise you that not one single person of all the many people who have bought 130p (thank you to them) have had this problem. Seriously. So a bit of a mystery.

But The Dragon is correct...

Some stuff is automatically filtered out here either by way of my mail client's 'rules' or just by me. Could be I just saw "Re: Order Info", assumed it was just another confirmation of an order (a copy of what the customer receives ... which is not much use to me) so binned it without even looking at it.

As The Dragon says, if you have a specific enquiry, best to enquire specifically, not off the back of auto generated stuff. Had I seen an email from you with the subject "Problems with 130p", I can assure you I'd have been onto it like a shot.

Anyway, I hope the new download works better for you. Don't move anything around (recipe for disaster with Kontakt's pathnames!) and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Stephen

Just sent you an email to say thanks (did you receive it ?)

I redownloaded the zip file, and the missing samples are there, so I guess it will work. As they are the two samples at the end of the archive, I guess I experienced a partial download of the zip file.

Thanks !

frozenjazz wrote:Just sent you an email to say thanks (did you receive it ?)
No! :?
frozenjazz wrote:I redownloaded the zip file, and the missing samples are there, so I guess it will work. As they are the two samples at the end of the archive, I guess I experienced a partial download of the zip file.
Hmmmmm...

If the ZIP was corrupt or just a partial download, the thing wouldn't have unpacked at all and would have given you an error message to tell you as such ("Unable to parse file" or some such). Dunno.

One gets these little mysteries from time to time! I hope this one works for you. Let me know.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Yes, I might have had the "corrupted zip" error, but I open everything with Winrar, and if there are missing bytes at the end, it warns you, but you can still manage to unzip everything except the corrupted bit...

Well, for the mail, can you check in your "junk" folder ?
I wrote from ebay (at) cedricsimon (dot) com ...

The address worked nicely to make the order... and I got all your "specials" and other newsletters...

So I am now impatient to give 130p another go, now that I have all the samples :)

Just checked...

The only emails I have here from that email address are for your various orders and today's re-authorisation for 130p.

So... I don't know. :?

I can't vouch for WinRAR but it seems a bit daft to me to allow partial unpacking - could cause no end of trouble if files are missing. Not just Kontakt but other stuff as well.

Cheers,

Stephen

oh no, I would not say it is daft... it is rather smart... Thanks to this I was able to open some huge archives and rescue some files, instead of losing everything.

WinRar told me about the corrupted archive, but as I was doing so many thing at the same time, I had totally forgotten about this.

For the email, this is just so strange ... !?
No problem, as you are here on KVR :)

Partial unpacking is one of great featuers of WinRAR, IMHO. :)

I'm glad you're sorted, frozenjazz!

exact same thing happened to me
it worked fine with one template
but i had to rename the sample file extensions from *.ncw to *.NCW and that seemed to solve the problem of missing samples for the rest of the nki files.
unless of course i really am missing some samples

theres supposed to be 14 samples in the sample folder is that correct ?

thx

Case sensitivity only seems to be the problem on Mac.

Return to “Hollow Sun”