Calling all Hollow Sun users! - K4/K5 poll

Archived support for: hollowsun.com

Would you like Hollow Sun to start utilising K5 features?

Yes - start switching to K5
54%
No - please remain with K4
23%
Having both would be cool!
23%

Total votes: 113

RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, we wouldn't do a K4 version of a product that takes advantage of K5 features. That makes no sense, because the product ends up lacking and not what we intended for it to be. So:
Timfonie wrote:Then what is option 1? Start switching to K5 (only for some products) and don't make K4 versions of those?
This. If we wanted to take advantage of new K5 features, we would make a product that does just that. If we're working on a product that doesn't use any new K5 features, it would be a K4 product. Simple as that. Out of current HS product range, only HSDV and DrumBox would be ported to K5, because they can benefit the most from K5 features. They would not be available as K3.5/K4 anymore - simply because with K5, they would live up to their full potential.

Hello,

I have gone to Kontakt 5 because of many of the new products I have or updates require Kontakt 5 to run as most of you are seeing now. So I bit the bullet.
There are some new features and bug fixes.

There are still many creators giving us multiple versions of kontakt patches.

So it is kind of a tossup whether to stick with the older versions or jump to Kontakt 5.2, which is the current version. It depends on your needs
for what Kontakt products required for your composing.

I feel there may be a Kontakt 6 on the horizon and then we will need to decide
again, is it needed. Just like they jumped to Battery 4.

take care,

DT :)

i'm on K5 too now.
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Hollow Sun”