Wee track with music lab and Novachord

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mostly Lab stuff, and Nova *, with some Ivory Grand through PSP Echo 60 with VSL Jazz Drums and Tenor Sax.
The Hollow Sun stuff is going to be an endless source of swishy bleepy beauty. Seems to me the slightest tweak creates something totally different with the Lab stuff, making it ridiculously under-priced. Yet again - Steve should be commended for the prices he asks, astonishing to get such value these days.
* I finally bought the HS Nova, already having the SC.
In my opinion, they are almost like two totally different instruments. I've been using both, although not so far in the same tracks, but I have to say the Hollow Sun is beautiful.
Two things seem to go really well with Hollow Sun things - anything by PSP, and PPG Wave from Waldorf. It doesn't sound godawful beside a Gibson Les Paul, either.
Music Lab has changed the way I record and even think about music writing.
:D
http://soundcloud.com/vicshere/night-lights
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Very nice, Mr Vicshere... and interesting to hear it all juxtaposed with sax and guitar.

Very glad your liking HS's endeavours.
vicshere wrote:* I finally bought the HS Nova, already having the SC.
In my opinion, they are almost like two totally different instruments. I've been using both, although not so far in the same tracks, but I have to say the Hollow Sun is beautiful.
We approached it differently. My friends at at Sonic Couture sampled a beautifully restored Nova while the HS Nova was a bit more warty and imperfect. Room for both, each with their own strengths and weaknesses and differences.

But I like warty and imperfection and in real life, much like lots of old gear, no two Novas were ever the same - with 150-odd valves, a thousand big capacitors and miles of hand soldered wiring, there's a lot of room for component intolerance and variation which will affect how each Nova will sound. I'd put good money on the fact that if James and Dan at SC and I were to sample two other Novas (if we could find them), THEY would sound different too.

I think it's great that the two co-exist so that people can choose.

But all that aside, great track!

Cheers,

Stephen

Return to “Hollow Sun”