Happy New Year - Hollow Sun's wee Hogmanay Special

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To welcome in 2013, we have a nice little offering for Kontakt 4.2.4 here...

It's made entirely of sine waves from an old valve test oscillator with three oscillators providing the fundamental, a sub-octave to add depth and a harmonic to add some interest and these can be detuned.

These then pass to various distortion units and cab simulators to add 'crunch' and harmonics and some lo-fi interest. There's an ADSR envelope, a simple vibrato LFO and various playback modes with and without glide. This all passes to a stereo echo unit and convolution reverb to round things off.

It's great for simple leadlines, basses, sub-basses, mellow pads, Theremin and Ondes Martentot syle retro sounds, simple organs, SFX, bell-like textures and others and the purity of the sound means that they sit nicely in a mix.

Best of all is that it is available throughout January for a mere 1 Guinea. "A what?" I hear you ask!!

A guinea is an old measure of UK currency that was paid to the legal profession and was 21 shillings (£1.05p today) - the lawyer would receive the 20 shillings (£1) and the his assistant(s) would get the extra shilling. I was teased into charging this price during a bit of fooling around here KVR! We may charge for the next offering in groats or florins! ;)

Whatever, at £1.05 (or 1.3 Euros or $1.6), Sinesynth is very cheap, less than the price of a cup of coffee and a good fun little synth to add your arsenal.

AUDIO DEMO

DETAILS

Wishing everyone a very happy 2013 and thanks for all the support for HS Towers during 2012. More to come!!

Cheers,

Stephen

NOTE : Like all Hollow Sun products, it will work with the Kontakt Player but only in 'demo' mode and the session will be time limited. Please be aware of this.

Have a guinea! I bought this and just loaded it up. It is indeed a very simple synth, but it sounds very nice and is fun. Sometimes less is more. I am from the USA and had never learned what a guinea is (was?) even though I have heard the word many times. I always thought it was 1 pound.

Incidentally, PayPal charged me $1.75 even though "The Google" is telling me is £1.05 = $1.70, the b@$t@rd$. I just thought it was funny :lol:

I am a very new Hollow Sun enthusiast. I picked up Altaerion and You Know 6 just yesterday and decided what the heck and threw in the MLM bundle. I haven't even finished a one-time through messing around with everything - so much fun.

Happy New Year!
------------------------------------------
Gribs

$1.70 looks about right then. Even though I'm a Brit I had to do a quick google as at my age memory fades somewhat..I did think it was 21 shillings though.

"guin·ea
/ˈginē/
Noun
The sum of £1.05 (21 shillings in predecimal currency), now used mainly for determining professional fees and auction prices.
A former British gold coin that was first minted in 1663 from gold imported from West Africa, with a value that was later fixed at 21..."

The sample sounds great.

Edit: Oh my god..I got charged $1.75. The pain...the pain....

Gribs wrote:Incidentally, PayPal charged me $1.75 even though "The Google" is telling me is £1.05 = $1.70, the b@$t@rd$. I just thought it was funny :lol:
Hmmmm ... yes - I think Paypal can sometimes be quite, shall we say, 'creative' with exchange rates.
Gribs wrote:I am a very new Hollow Sun enthusiast. I picked up Altaerion and You Know 6 just yesterday and decided what the heck and threw in the MLM bundle. I haven't even finished a one-time through messing around with everything - so much fun.
:)
Gribs wrote:Happy New Year!
You too.

Cheers,

Stephen

Return to “Hollow Sun”