Question on New Roland Piano Module

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stephen,

I'm curious about one thing. I had (still have for that matter) this rack mount device. It always seemed to me the piano low notes were slightly out of tune. Maybe this was because they implented standard piano stretch tuning and should not have for an electronic reproduction? Or maybe they did not and should have? Or maybe my ears were playing tricks ... I had no way of doing measurements.

So the question is this: did you do any tuning adjustments for the new library, or did you leave the samples at the pitch at which they were recorded?

I've got to admit, I'm sorely tempted to pick this up, even though I've got the real thing sitting right next to my keyboard. I love what you did to enhance the instrument, and the convenience of having it "in the box" is hard to ignore. Nice job!

Hello David,
So the question is this: did you do any tuning adjustments for the new library, or did you leave the samples at the pitch at which they were recorded?
I just sampled the MKS as is without any tuning adjustments - in fact, bugger all editing at all other than getting the start point just right to sample accuracy and trimming unnecessary stuff at the end.

So maybe your ears ARE playing tricks! :)

Seriously, no trickery - MKS into audio I/O and recorded/sampled.

Cheers,

Stephen

Piano 1 and 3 were off-base from standard equal temperament by 7 cents, so this was fixed by retuning them in the Mapping Editor. You're forgetting that, Steve ;)

In fact, I just found out that I forgot to reset the tuning of the two Voices samples back to 0 (one is at -5 and the other at +5 cents), this should be fixed...

Return to “Hollow Sun”