Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14136 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 pm ANNOUNCEMENT: Stephen Howell passed away

Hello, everyone.

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that my employer and a great, great friend, Stephen Howell, has passed away early this morning after three days of hospitalization. I was informed about all this by his daughter, Alice. I don't know all the details unfortunately, but severe liver damage was in question.

I will stay in contact with the Howell family, we have to figure out what will become of Hollow Sun. It would not be the same without Steve, of course, but I am adamant about keeping his legacy in some way, if at all possible. I've been acquainted with several of his good friends, Dan from Hideaway Studios and Rod of Atomic Shadow, we will do a mind-meld and come up with something, I hope.

For now, all I can say is that Steve will be greatly missed, and that is an understatement. I am still beyond words and in deep shock as I type this.

RIP, Steve. Say hello to mr. Korg and mr. AKAI wherever you've gone to now. :cry:
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
stanlea
KVRAF

4780 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Fri May 30, 2014 11:25 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Such a sad news, Steve was so inventive and skilled, and he was also a very kind and helpful guy. Sure, he'll be missed. All my condolences to his family.
You can't always get what you waaaant...
bftucker
KVRian

963 posts since 30 Apr, 2004, from Louisville, KY

Postby bftucker; Fri May 30, 2014 11:36 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

I share your sadness. How unexpected! I was looking forward to many more wonderful instruments from a creative master. I will miss his sense of humor and surprising generosity.
바보
standalone
KVRAF

5761 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Fri May 30, 2014 11:41 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Horrible news. My condolences to his family. :(
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."
paulbreeze
KVRian

1063 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby paulbreeze; Sat May 31, 2014 12:08 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

OMG! RIP, Stephen.
medienhexer
KVRian

529 posts since 16 May, 2007, from At home. Good bye city ways!

Postby medienhexer; Sat May 31, 2014 12:12 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Really sad. He was a very kind man.

I'll really miss his 'sorry, missed another holiday but here's my holiday offer / product announcement anyways' mails :)
..off to play with my music toys - personal music endeavors, as well as library music production.
http://www.medienhexer.de
Bronto Scorpio
KVRAF

5566 posts since 13 Feb, 2006, from Wiesmoor, Germany

Postby Bronto Scorpio; Sat May 31, 2014 12:14 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Wow! That's really sad!

Stephen helped me out on a number of occasions and was a really, really nice guy!
I really don't know what to say!
coincidental
KVRist

457 posts since 5 Sep, 2011, from Sussex, UK

Postby coincidental; Sat May 31, 2014 12:37 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Thanks for letting us know ED. My condolences to his family.

Stephen was a very decent man and we were all lucky to be able to sample some of his talent, humour and creativity. Please do keep the Hollow Sun legacy alive if you can.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone
Kriminal
Banned

Postby Kriminal; Sat May 31, 2014 12:39 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Very sad. A great figure in the sampling world, and a very nice man.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

6100 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat May 31, 2014 12:41 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

This is very sad news.
... space is the place ...
audiothing
KVRian

1072 posts since 13 Apr, 2011

Postby audiothing; Sat May 31, 2014 1:35 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

I'm deeply sorry and I feel really really sad.

I'm reading again a conversation we had 2 years ago via email regarding sample libraries and piracy.
He was really inspiring.

RIP Steve.
AudioThing
Plugins and Sample Libraries
FlipMartian
KVRer

25 posts since 1 Feb, 2010

Postby FlipMartian; Sat May 31, 2014 1:42 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Very sorry to hear this. I remember having a few conversations with him on the Alesis Fusion forums when I bought one, some years back. He was a very genuine and kind fella. What a terrible shame.
murnau
KVRAF

4992 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Zeppelinhaupttribüne

Postby murnau; Sat May 31, 2014 3:09 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Rest in Peace Stephen! Thank you for all the wonderful Libs you gave us and for the inspiration! God bless you!
Signature blocked until 5000+ posts made
hueynym
KVRist

283 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby hueynym; Sat May 31, 2014 3:16 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Truly sorry about this news. I am heartbroken
Carbonflake
KVRAF

1500 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris

Postby Carbonflake; Sat May 31, 2014 3:25 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

That's terrible news. I'm certain he was a source of inspiration for many. RIP.
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio | ghostwaveaudio.com | @carbonflake
Soundsets for Diva, Synplant, Sylenth1, Ultra Analog & more ...
Next

Moderator: hollowsun

Return to Hollow Sun