Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
macmurphy
KVRAF

2646 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Postby macmurphy; Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:53 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

i can't believe i've only just heard about this. awful news.

much love to Stephen's family.
DaveElson
KVRist

218 posts since 16 Jul, 2004, from Seattle

Postby DaveElson; Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

I only just heard, looked here at KVR , at this forum and saw it.
Very sad news and like all others, condolences to family and friends.
the professor
KVRist

348 posts since 15 Jan, 2012, from UK

Postby the professor; Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:55 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Hollow Sun's whole ethos was the inspiration behind my starting Rhythmic Robot. Stephen himself was friendly, encouraging and relaxed in a way you would never expect from someone who – from the outside – might be seen as a competitor. He was astonishingly informed, talented and inspirational; all capped off with a very British sense of humour and of the absurd. His instrument design and creativity were everything that indie developers should be. I'm so sorry he's gone. We're all the poorer.

Mario, please do let his family know how many people out here have been touched by the work he's done. And thank you for keeping the faith.

Best wishes,

Guy (aka The Professor)
http://www.rhythmicrobot.com
...Kontakt instruments with character!
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14399 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:33 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

the professor wrote:Mario, please do let his family know how many people out here have been touched by the work he's done.

They know, they've been reading the forums. :)
darsho
KVRAF

1631 posts since 14 Sep, 2007, from www.koeln.de/en/

Postby darsho; Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:26 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

I found out about this just today.
Very sad news.
Steve's work has been a great inspiration.
RIP and heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14399 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

http://soundbytesmag.net/stephenhowellt ... nmemoriam/

SoundBytes magazine included this in their July issue. Thanks, David.
pwal
KVRian

1499 posts since 13 Mar, 2004, from here

Postby pwal; Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:47 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

just found out, RIP Stephen :-(
ZombyWoof
KVRian

725 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Postby ZombyWoof; Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:20 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Out of habit, I keep checking for new Hollow Sun releases, then I remember. :(
Stephen, you are missed.
Jsynth
KVRer

3 posts since 28 Aug, 2013, from Alma, Quebec

Postby Jsynth; Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:24 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

How can I have been going about for so long without knowing Stephen was no longer here in the flesh with us? I spent all summer only wondering what he was up to next. Waiting patiently for his next creation. I loved his work so much, and he had such a pleasing personnality, inspiring confidence in others...

What a shock! Sorely missed...

My humble condoleances to all his family and friends

Best wishes to his close loved ones

Jean
thisplace
KVRist

51 posts since 9 Jun, 2012

Postby thisplace; Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:36 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away early this morning

Best wishes to Stephens family. He did some really incredible and helpful work!!!! Love his products!!!! I'm thankful he was here.
kilgoretrout
KVRist

62 posts since 22 Dec, 2002

Postby kilgoretrout; Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:06 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away

Sad news. Stephen was very talented. I own almost all of the sample sets and I play guitar! Hah.

Best regards to the family and survivors. His contribution to sampling will be sorely missed.
Brother Charles
KVRian

813 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:42 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away

A wonderful legacy in his stead, has been left behind. Still, our hearts vex under the weightiness of the loss. Continued prayers for Mrs. Howell and family.

I've yet to hear another CP-70/80 sample set, in any format, that retains such character and even, well-balanced tone as the HS "Definitive CP70".
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
ForgottenKeys
KVRist

107 posts since 23 Mar, 2010, from U.K.

Postby ForgottenKeys; Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:29 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away

I only just leaned about this today. When I first started my site, Stephen contacted me out of the blue offering praise and advice. He even offered to host some of my work on his site when I had bandwidth problems and later offered to help out if I needed any graphics work done (something he excelled at). I only knew him via email and this forum but he was a very generous man. Shocked and saddened.
elxsound
KVRAF

4337 posts since 18 Aug, 2007, from NYC

Postby elxsound; Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:41 pm Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away

Just stumbled on to this... Haven't been on the boards as much and completely missed this. Very sad news. I've always been a fan of his many sample collections and their often unique offerings like with the Alien Devices. I don't have any personal connections or stories other than to say I've always respected his work.
JoeCat
KVRian

1019 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina

Postby JoeCat; Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:57 am Re: BREAKING NEWS: Stephen Howell passed away

So sad to hear this.

I hope Evil Dragon, et. al. can keep Steve's legacy and vision alive in the future. Maybe a partnership with Rhythmic Robot (always though of those as two sides of the same coin)?

In any case, deepest condolences to Steve's family and friends.
PreviousNext

Moderator: hollowsun

Return to Hollow Sun