Current Status of Hollow Sun?

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With the sudden and tragic passing of Stephen Howell, what is the current status of Hollow Sun? The website is still up and looks to be in business. Has anyone taken over the reins? Has anyone purchased anything from the website since the announcement at the end of May? The home page seems to be mum about it's status going forward. I would hate to see Stephen's work no longer be available to the public. Some of the best sample libraries (IMHO) out there.

R.I.P. Mr. Howell.

Current status is: website and purchasing still very much operational (and purchases are always welcome, as they benefit the Howell family). As far as new products are concerned, this might be several months off from now. We'll see what happens. I'm responding to any user inquiries.

Basically, we're waiting for the probate to get over with (and this can take a lot of time, over a year sometimes, in UK), so that mrs. Howell can take over the reins of Hollow Sun completely legally. Until then, we might see a trickling of a product or two, depending on available time. It's all going to be harder and slower without Steve's expertise in UI design and sample processing...

Yeah probate's a bitch! Hope it gets resolved quickly, as I know what it can be like even when it's relatively straightforward.

I haven't yet, but definitely going to do what I can to support his family. There's already a lot that I'd like to buy, but have to get a few other things straightened out before I start buying.

I can confirm that the site's up and running and functional, as I just filled a Hexxon-shaped gap in my collection. Lots of fun, and the most excellent source samples. Go buy!
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

The Hollow Sun site seems to be down today - just showing a Parallels hosting page. Does anyone know if it is likely to be back online soon ?

Yes, seems there were some server issues in the past few days. Trying to sort it out...

UPDATE: Seems like CWCS (hosting provider) updated back-end software across their servers. I can't seem to see all the files related to the website (and more!) on the FTP, it's as if everything was removed, including created e-mail addresses (so it seems that all support inquiries sent to steve@hollowsun.com or mario@hollowsun.com might be bounced back!)...

Going to get in touch with CWCS tomorrow and see if they have backups. This is definitely not done well from their side... I received no notifications on this.

http://cwcsstatus.co.uk/live-status-updates.html

So, basically, not their fault and they're doing the best they can to have everything restored to the state before the server crashed. All good, it's just gonna take some more time!
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good news. It's too good a company!

We're back up and running! :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:We're back up and running! :tu:
Hi Mario,

nice to hear taht Hollow Sun is still existing. :party:

I wish you good luck.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Excellent

Return to “Hollow Sun”