VKS20 Programming Error?

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mario, I was working on a custom preset using VKS20 and came across something strange - it might be intentional but I don't get why that would be.

I was simply increasing the decay on the Clav and first EPiano from the UI panel. In both cases, only the high notes were affected. I checked the internal settings and saw that the amp release was 100% modulated by key position. Fixed my own issue easily enough, but I wanted to let you know of this, in case this was not your intention.

Hello, David.

That doesn't seem to be the case over here. Clav group has key position modulator set to exactly 10.0%, not 100% (in fact, this is the case for all groups). Any changes in amp envelope decay parameter changes are immediately apparent. Not sure what's happening over there... I'll check if the released version is possibly borked.

I must say, nobody else contacted HS support about this - so it's either working fine and keytracking somehow got bumped up at your place, or people don't even press that Edit button on the GUI at all! :D

EvilDragon wrote:Hello, David.

That doesn't seem to be the case over here. Clav group has key position modulator set to exactly 10.0%, not 100% (in fact, this is the case for all groups). Any changes in amp envelope decay parameter changes are immediately apparent. Not sure what's happening over there... I'll check if the released version is possibly borked.

I must say, nobody else contacted HS support about this - so it's either working fine and keytracking somehow got bumped up at your place, or people don't even press that Edit button on the GUI at all! :D
I will double check - I did save a copy of the general preset to modify as needed. I don't believe I changed any amp envelope modulation, but accidents do happen. If your master copy is fine, then there's nothing to worry about on your end. Thanks.

[Edit:]

Oh wait ... my bad! I know I said "decay" but I meant "release". Sorry about that (I do know the difference - how embarrassing :D ).

Yep, release. :)

It's the same here - keytrack set to 10.0%.

Don't know what happened, then. I pulled up the virgin template preset (the only one that comes with VKS20). Keytrack is set to modulate amp env. release at 100% in all groups. I'm reasonably certain I never would have changed that, even accidentally. Oh well, fixed now with little hassle.

While we're talking about this library, I've got another question. Are you setting up mod-wheel control of vibrato in the script? I cannot see anywhere else that's happening, but the script is not accessible for viewing, so I'm figuring that's the explanation.

Nope, it's just a simple sine LFO modulated by a CC1 modulator - nothing scripted. You can see it in the Modulation section, below envelopes.

I've checked the deliverable archive when people purchase vKS20. All looks fine there - 10.0% modulation amount!

Return to “Hollow Sun”