Drumspillage GUI not available in Maschine

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Drumspillage will not load it's GUI in Maschine stand alone.

There's an edit button next to the plugin name , you can normally click o it and the GUI of the plugin opens.

I'll try on my big computer upstairs tomorrow

Maschine can't host Cocoa based plugins in 32bit mode. To host Cocoa based plugins, including DrumSpillage, Maschine has to be run in 64bit mode first.

Hope that helps!?

AudioSpillage

Great thanks

You're welcome!

Your fixed worked but for me isn't ideal, is there any work arounds you could do to make it work in 32bit?

ekwipt wrote:Your fixed worked but for me isn't ideal, is there any work arounds you could do to make it work in 32bit?
As NI only support 64bit Cocoa interfaces there isn't much we can do other than try the Carbon based interface that was designed for Live7 compatibility.

In your latest download image you'll find a zip folder called 'Live7Compatibility'. Inside the zip are two files - DrumSpillage.component and DrumSpillageCarbonView.component.

Go to your plugins folder /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and remove the current DrumSpillage.component (or better right click and 'Compress' it so you can come back to it later.

Now drag the two components from 'Live7Compatibility' and place them in your /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder.

Now restart Maschine and run it in 32bit mode as normal and try to launch DrumSpillage.

Let me know if that works. We may be able to develop another workaround.

AudioSpillage

Great thanks for taking the time out.

Just want to reinforce my love of DrumSpillage!

Can't wait for the step sequencer component!!!

ekwipt wrote:Great thanks for taking the time out.

Just want to reinforce my love of DrumSpillage!

Can't wait for the step sequencer component!!!
Thanks! Any feature requests/suggestions regarding the sequencer?

AudioSpillage

16, 32, 64, 128 Step pattern pages (Maybe 16-32 first page and then subsequent patterns on different pages

Flam (TR-909)

Note Repeat & Retriggers (similar to MachineDrum)

Swing - Importing of swing settings (similar to Logic)

MPC % quantize groove (Groove Template)

Parameter Lock (Somewhere between Maschine & MachineDrum)

LFOs for changing parameter locks (MachineDrum)

Randomize

Humanize

Polyphonic Steps

Reverse

:-o

My computer upstairs (main Production computer) had an earlier version of Drumspillage and this works in Maschine, did 1.3 update to 64 bit Cocoa? I just updated and it seems to have the same problem as my laptop.

Using the carbon view in the Ableton Version of the dmg file didn't pass validation nor did the other component version in there

ekwipt wrote:My computer upstairs (main Production computer) had an earlier version of Drumspillage and this works in Maschine
Do you know which version that was?
ekwipt wrote:did 1.3 update to 64 bit Cocoa?
No, DrumSpillage has been 64bit Cocoa compatible since 1.0. Nothing has changed with regards to 32/64bit support.
ekwipt wrote:Using the carbon view in the Ableton Version of the dmg file didn't pass validation nor did the other component version in there
OK, I've just sent out the update email for 1.4 - if you get time to try that it would be good to know the outcome. Is the validation failing in Maschine or are you validating it elsewhere? You need to copy both components from the 'Live7Compatibility' folder in order to force a Carbon interface version.

Hope that helps,
AudioSpillage

No sorry I don't know the version wish i'd taken note before updating. Maybe 1.2?

ekwipt wrote:No sorry I don't know the version wish i'd taken note before updating. Maybe 1.2?
If it had the randomizer that was at least 1.2.
If it didn't have the randomizer but had choke groups that was 1.1.
If it didn't have choke groups that was 1.0.2.

I don't know why any of those versions would work in 32bit mode in Maschine and not the others though. Is it possible to run the Maschine software on its own? In which case I may be able to obtain an NFR from NI to help find a solution.

AudioSpillage

I don't think they have a demo? I'll try over the weekend to work it out and get back to you

ekwipt wrote:I don't think they have a demo? I'll try over the weekend to work it out and get back to you
Thanks ekwipt.

Return to “AudioSpillage”