Elecktroid!

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks beautiful! :love: Seriously, it looks damn good, both functional and attractive.

2 new features "trigger probability" and velocity cross fade?

I think it makes a lot of sense to change the name.

...I still miss the Minispillage bass drum! :P :wink:

Feel free to delete this to start an official thread.

Yes looks good, really good.

I wonder, will it have midi out and I wonder also is the probability implemented each step. This would be close to the holy grail of Archibald! Now if only velocity could have probability too....

pinki wrote:Yes looks good, really good.

I wonder, will it have midi out and I wonder also is the probability implemented each step. This would be close to the holy grail of Archibald! Now if only velocity could have probability too....
Yes, the probability works on a per step basis so can be set from 0% (never) to 100% (always) for each step. Not sure how velocity probability would work... like a randomization of the velocity value?

There's no midi out. It's possible in the future but it isn't well supported by AU hosts at the moment.

AudioSpillage

jonahs wrote:Looks beautiful! :love: Seriously, it looks damn good, both functional and attractive.

I think it makes a lot of sense to change the name.
The name change was essential - far too much confusion in the product line. The MiniSpillage/DrumSpillage line can grow in a natural direction and Elecktroid can now be what it wants to be.

jonahs wrote:Feel free to delete this to start an official thread.
I might do that but I wouldn't want to delete those flashing love hearts ;-)

audiospillage wrote:
Not sure how velocity probability would work... like a randomization of the velocity value?

There's no midi out. It's possible in the future but it isn't well supported by AU hosts at the moment.

AudioSpillage
Great news on the probability per step.

Midi out is not a huge deal and of course AU is no go for that anyhow.

(Yes I meant a probability randomisation of the velocity per step so that each time a step is repeated you get a slightly different velocity, preferably within a range set by the user. It makes sequenced drums incredible mobile and flowing.)

pinki wrote:
audiospillage wrote:
Not sure how velocity probability would work... like a randomization of the velocity value?

AudioSpillage
Great news on the probability per step.

Midi out is not a huge deal and of course AU is no go for that anyhow.

(Yes I meant a probability randomisation of the velocity per step so that each time a step is repeated you get a slightly different velocity, preferably within a range set by the user. It makes sequenced drums incredible mobile and flowing.)
The humanize/humanoid control does this but it also varies other parameters and it's intended as a subtle effect. However, we do plan to make it customisable in the future so you can set your own velocity range.

Will Elecktroid have sync to host and drag n' drop feature or other way to transfer midi data from the sequencer to a DAW? The name is great and does clear up any confusion between the AudioSpillage products. I look forward to this release . . . very exciting!

audiospillage wrote: The humanize/humanoid control does this but it also varies other parameters and it's intended as a subtle effect. However, we do plan to make it customisable in the future so you can set your own velocity range.
Great, nice one.

Looks interesting!

I own DrumSpillage and am confused by where they overlap, synthesis-wise. How does the synthesis in Elecktroid compare with DrumSpillage? Is it a subset, does it contain features DrumSpillage doesn't have, or is it a different engine altogether?

steph wrote:Looks interesting!

I own DrumSpillage and am confused by where they overlap, synthesis-wise. How does the synthesis in Elecktroid compare with DrumSpillage? Is it a subset, does it contain features DrumSpillage doesn't have, or is it a different engine altogether?
Hi Steph,

The synthesis features in Elecktroid are essentially a subset of those in DrumSpillage. Synth wise Elecktroid is closer to the original MiniSpillage plugin but with the addition of a snare model which is similar if not identical to the one in DrumSpillage. Behind the scenes a lot of of the DSP code has changed so you may find Elecktroid has a slightly different character to MiniSpillage and DrumSpillage.

There are some new distortion algorithms (licensed from Sinevibes) in Elecktroid too.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion at least.

AudioSpillage

Thanks for the reply, it clarifies some points. Still a little confused though since I hadn't realized MiniSpillage has different synthesis than DrumSpillage - I thought it was a smaller version of DrumSpillage with samples. Looks like both products don't have much overlap then.

Maybe something like a comparison chart could help customers like me.

By the way, DrumSpillage sounds really good. Great work.

steph wrote:Thanks for the reply, it clarifies some points. Still a little confused though since I hadn't realized MiniSpillage has different synthesis than DrumSpillage - I thought it was a smaller version of DrumSpillage with samples. Looks like both products don't have much overlap then.

Maybe something like a comparison chart could help customers like me.
Sounds like a good idea! You're right that MiniSpillage is basically a small version of DrumSpillage - neither of those two plugins have sample playback currently. Elecktrd began life as MiniSpillage 2 which is where most of the confusion started to be honest) but it began to diverge so a name change was in order - it keeps the family sound/aesthetic though of course.
steph wrote:By the way, DrumSpillage sounds really good. Great work.
Thanks! :-)

AudioSpillage

audiospillage wrote:

Hi Steph,

The synthesis features in Elecktroid are essentially a subset of those in DrumSpillage. Synth wise Elecktroid is closer to the original MiniSpillage plugin but with the addition of a snare model which is similar if not identical to the one in DrumSpillage. Behind the scenes a lot of of the DSP code has changed so you may find Elecktroid has a slightly different character to MiniSpillage and DrumSpillage.
I only notice with the BD.

At least in the release candidates I felt mini spillage/drum spillage is better for bass lines or long sustains and is darker, but with MS2 (and I'm assuming Elecktroid) the BD has a really nice in your face presence, is more capable of leading a song and snappy sounds, if that makes sense. I also like the type of grit that the MS BD takes on when you use FM and harmonics and I find it easier to get classic DX style FM bass with it. I still use both.

jonahs wrote:
audiospillage wrote:

Hi Steph,

I only notice with the BD.

At least in the release candidates I felt mini spillage/drum spillage is better for bass lines or long sustains and is darker, but with MS2 (and I'm assuming Elecktroid) the BD has a really nice in your face presence, is more capable of leading a song and snappy sounds, if that makes sense. I also like the type of grit that the MS BD takes on when you use FM and harmonics and I find it easier to get classic DX style FM bass with it. I still use both.
I see. Well, the BD in Elecktroid (and in the previous MS2 RC) is a combination of the original MiniSpillage bass drum and the 'Electro Bass Drum' model from DrumSpillage. Particularly the attack of the BD in Elecktroid is different to the MS BD.

In Elecktroid the DSP engine performs fewer 'processes' to achieve the same or similar 'things' as MiniSpillage/DrumSpillage. This makes the code a bit more efficient but also produces a cleaner sound in certain situations. This might be what you are hearing! In which case - good ears :-)

I'll definitely investigate this MS BD FM 'grit' though..

AudioSpillage

tommyzai wrote:Will Elecktroid have sync to host and drag n' drop feature or other way to transfer midi data from the sequencer to a DAW?
+1 for this. I'd really like to be able to copy the pattern data in elektroid into the DAW sequencer.

Return to “AudioSpillage”