Elecktroid!

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

krixa wrote:
tommyzai wrote:Will Elecktroid have sync to host and drag n' drop feature or other way to transfer midi data from the sequencer to a DAW?
+1 for this. I'd really like to be able to copy the pattern data in elektroid into the DAW sequencer.
OK, this is probably the most asked for feature so far. It's on the to-do list. Can't promise it will make it for the release but will more likely appear in an update.

AudioSpillage

Im in love with this drum synth/sampler.... its so simple, but yet very powerful, Im glad it has 8 channels only.
My wish list are:
1-midi/audio drang and drop to DAW.

2- being able to select which track will have " swing" or not...right now the swing applies to all the tracks, maybe a way to select which one the swing will be applied to .

3-better visualization for "tuning " of steps.... this is very useful to work on scales more efficiently .

4- better sample management , well...I select one of my samples, for example a "kick " from my "kicks folder" , but I can't go quickly to the next one without having to open the folder again...and there is no preview either :(

5-more presets ---the ones included are already fantastic, makes me want some more :)

overal this Elecktroid has surprised me in a great way
thank you :D
stop talking....start working :)

I'm really liking this, but having some problems with it. since no one has mentioned any, I'm hoping that it's either a wonky installation or operator error.

some of the included kits aren't working at all (the meters don't jump and there is no sound). the Goldbaby sets for instance aren't working for me. i have tried reopening the plug, but still no go. If you want I can give a listing of all the sets that don't work.

I am also having a problem with the layout of the kits as they relate to my keyboard. the top right pad plays within the plug (in the sequencer or on the pad itself), but I can't find it anywhere on my keyboard. what key is it tied to?

BUT I really like this, glad I bought it, the included sounds are really nice (really) and I find it really inspiring to use (and fun). you guys did a great job. any help would be much appreciated.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:some of the included kits aren't working at all (the meters don't jump and there is no sound). the Goldbaby sets for instance aren't working for me. i have tried reopening the plug, but still no go. If you want I can give a listing of all the sets that don't work.
This is a known problem. We've actually isolated the issue and have a fix working. We'll probably send out the update tomorrow (Sunday). The installation is fine but some of the presets are not linking to the installed samples.
michael2 wrote:I am also having a problem with the layout of the kits as they relate to my keyboard. the top right pad plays within the plug (in the sequencer or on the pad itself), but I can't find it anywhere on my keyboard. what key is it tied to?
The pads start at MIDI key C1 so the top right pad should be Eb1. Patterns can be triggered from MIDI key C2 upwards (when the sequencer is in MIDI mode).
michael2 wrote:BUT I really like this, glad I bought it, the included sounds are really nice (really) and I find it really inspiring to use (and fun). you guys did a great job. any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, really glad you like it!
AudioSpillage

I have been working on some new drums trying to perfect individual layers. With the filter, can it be set to only affect one layer i.e. sample 1 but not sample 2 of the same pad sound?

Also is any way to adjust velocity sensitivity?

jackrabbit wrote:I have been working on some new drums trying to perfect individual layers. With the filter, can it be set to only affect one layer i.e. sample 1 but not sample 2 of the same pad sound?

Also is any way to adjust velocity sensitivity?
Hi Jackrabbit,

Currently the distortion and filter are hardwired to process both layers. We may change this in the future to allow the behaviour you desire (after all the effects section does this).

Velocity sensitivity can be adjusted by opening the MIDI panel (click the small triangle in the top left of the image below) and setting the 'Global velocity curve' value. 50% is the default. Higher values will produce a more 'compressed' response. A display to help visualise the curve might help.

AudioSpillage

Thanks for velocity info, looks like theres a lot of good options there.
audiospillage wrote:
Currently the distortion and filter are hardwired to process both layers. We may change this in the future to allow the behaviour you desire (after all the effects section does this).

AudioSpillage
Having a filter/layer would be nice as it will help to achieve cleaner drums. Dont think i would like to do a kick without being able to cut out overlapping frequencies.

jackrabbit wrote:Thanks for velocity info, looks like theres a lot of good options there.
audiospillage wrote:

AudioSpillage
Having a filter/layer would be nice as it will help to achieve cleaner drums. Dont think i would like to do a kick without being able to cut out overlapping frequencies.
During pre-release development we had a 'low cut' parameter on the sample layers that allowed you to trim off the lower frequencies. Maybe we can bring that parameter back to life - it could be quite useful for layering.

AudioSpillage

zebastian21 wrote:Im in love with this drum synth/sampler.... its so simple, but yet very powerful, Im glad it has 8 channels only.
My wish list are:
1-midi/audio drang and drop to DAW.

2- being able to select which track will have " swing" or not...right now the swing applies to all the tracks, maybe a way to select which one the swing will be applied to .

3-better visualization for "tuning " of steps.... this is very useful to work on scales more efficiently .

4- better sample management , well...I select one of my samples, for example a "kick " from my "kicks folder" , but I can't go quickly to the next one without having to open the folder again...and there is no preview either :(

5-more presets ---the ones included are already fantastic, makes me want some more :)

overal this Elecktroid has surprised me in a great way
thank you :D
MIDI drag and drop is on the list. If your host has a good sample browser (with preview) you might prefer that to opening folders etc. Maybe something can be added within Elecktroid to improve this inside the plugin though. More presets will come in time too!

I'm glad you are pleasantly surprised :)

AudioSpillage

What's with the Michael Buffer wannabe in the "Elektroid first look" video?

Elektroid is looking great .. I bought it back when it was still minispillage 2, and I'm really happy with what my purchase has gotten me. Thanks!

maschinelf wrote:What's with the Michael Buffer wannabe in the "Elektroid first look" video?

Elektroid is looking great .. I bought it back when it was still minispillage 2, and I'm really happy with what my purchase has gotten me. Thanks!
Thank you! Who is Michael Buffer?

AudioSpillage

He is a boxing/wrestling ring announcer that's famous for his catch-phrase "Lets get ready to rumble". Just joking :)

But on a more serious note, Ive spent some time now getting to know Elektroid better, and its easily one of the best bargains of the year for me.

just bought it great plug !

being able to select which track will have " swing" or not...right now the swing applies to all the tracks, maybe a way to select which one the swing will be applied to

+1111 for this , beeing abble to use different swing amount by tracks and different swings style is very powerfull , can make a night and day difference in the end result

do you think it would be possible to get that feature in the futur ?

Thanks!

Per track swing is possible in the future. A simple on/off switch for each track should do the trick. Some behind the scenes work would be required so it isn't quite as simple as it sounds but do-able.

Cheers!
AudioSpillage

Thanks for developing such an innovating, inspiring, and much needed plugin. If you don't mind, I'll write a user review. Love it!

Return to “AudioSpillage”