Drumspillage in addition to Ultrabeat?

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm on the cusp of purchasing Drumspillage, but I was just wondering whether other Logic users have found it a worthwhile addition to Ultrabeat.

Specifically, I'm finding Drumspillage easier and more fun to build in; right now, my results from Drumspillage sound better than my attempts at Ultrabeat kit creation. But if I actually spent the time to get good at Ultrabeat, would I still find that Drumspillage adds something (sound wise) to what I can do with Ultrabeat? Is the main advantage of Drumspillage its accessibility (which is certainly a significant virtue in-and-of-itself), or does it have different sound capabilities too for someone who knows what they're doing in each program?

Thanks for any real-world insight you can offer.

I think Elecktroid would be a more viable alternative, but the thing that it doesn't have over Ultrabeat is the MIDI drag feature. I love how you can drag the MIDI from Ultrabeat then turn off the built in sequencer.
You are currently reading my signature.

Yeah, I wish Drumspillage had a sequencer. But I can handle that through Numerology, so I'm more interested in Drumspillage's (or Elektroid's, since it is cheaper) sound sculpting ability in comparison with Ultrabeat.

There's stuff in both that you can't do in the other. UB's overall sound shaping options are more versatile, but you have to use the same engine for each sound, whether kick or hihat. DS has multiple engines, each tailored to a specific sound.
I found DS to be more punchy, and more catered towards my style.

(Plus, I can't stand UB's GUI, for that alone I would opt for DS, don't underestimate workflow, you can get drum sounds with most regular synths, that doesn't make it an enjoyable task if you want a good drumsound quickly)

OK, I just bought it, and I want it nooooooow! (Darn these up-to-24 hour waiting periods! :wink: )

Edit: Cool, took under two hours to actually get my serial number. Thanks!

:tu: Enjoy!

DrumSpillage has a menu command to export your drum kit as samples, which you can then load into Ultrabeat. You also might be able to route Ultrabeat's midi to drumspillage via the environment...I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible :) just something to look in to

Return to “AudioSpillage”