Drumspillage 2 announced!

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumSpillage

padillac wrote:Please consider this a request for a sequencer from a paying user. I didn't know 2.0 was around the corner, but I had hoped to see a sequencer because elektroid has one.
+1 If I recall correctly the sequencer was in fact promised ?

Definitely not into some kind of piecemeal approach to functionality, not interested in buying the 'baby brother' plugins to get features the 'big daddy' should definitely have. If it's about money, charge more for big daddy.

ChiTown24 wrote:
padillac wrote:Please consider this a request for a sequencer from a paying user. I didn't know 2.0 was around the corner, but I had hoped to see a sequencer because elektroid has one.
+1 If I recall correctly the sequencer was in fact promised ?
I don't believe we ever promised a sequencer in V2 but we did speak publicly about it. In the future we won't speak publicly about future upgrades. I understand your frustration. Perhaps you also understand our desire to improve core functionality and stability ahead of potential feature bloat.
ChiTown24 wrote:Definitely not into some kind of piecemeal approach to functionality, not interested in buying the 'baby brother' plugins to get features the 'big daddy' should definitely have. If it's about money, charge more for big daddy.

Thanks for your input. I assure you, building a drum synthesizer isn't about money :)

AudioSpillage

Really hoping for a sequencer as well! I've started using the Ableton recently and don't like doing beats in the piano roll, there's some nice m4l plugins available, it would be great if it featured in Drumspillage2 however.

I'm glad the paid upgrade is only a small amount to help push the development of a great plugin along. Well deserved bravo sir!

ekwipt wrote:Really hoping for a sequencer as well! I've started using the Ableton recently and don't like doing beats in the piano roll, there's some nice m4l plugins available, it would be great if it featured in Drumspillage2 however.
I understand. Internal sequencers throw up a lot of challenges. We need to perfect the current implementation in Elecktroid before we start using it 'elsewhere'.

ekwipt wrote:I'm glad the paid upgrade is only a small amount to help push the development of a great plugin along. Well deserved bravo sir!
Thank you! Yes, we kept the upgrade fee small. We want as many people as possible to move over to V2 so we didn't want it to be something you'd think about too much.

AudioSpillage

This is probably starting to sound like a broken record, but the Elecktroid sequencer is really intuitive and easy to use - adding it to DrumSpillage would really take it up a level IMO. :love:

tclak wrote:This is probably starting to sound like a broken record, but the Elecktroid sequencer is really intuitive and easy to use - adding it to DrumSpillage would really take it up a level IMO. :love:
Broken records that are complimentary are OK :) It's currently the number 1 feature request too.

audiospillage wrote: It's currently the number 1 feature request too.
... Even more than a Windows version ? ;) :P :hihi:

any update on ETA?

i forgot that i pre-ordered the upgrade 8)

looking forward to it.

Well the drum synthesis engines are boss! Best sounding drum synth plug there is - it just needs the Elecktroid sequencer and then it will be king. :)

(don't forget to add MIDI drag n' drop into DAW for both) :wink:

sinkmusic wrote:
audiospillage wrote: It's currently the number 1 feature request too.
... Even more than a Windows version ? ;) :P :hihi:
Yes, by 1 vote. Until now ;-)

dayjob wrote:any update on ETA?

i forgot that i pre-ordered the upgrade 8)

looking forward to it.
Aiming for this month (September). Had a few set backs to be honest but it's coming together nicely.

tclak wrote:Well the drum synthesis engines are boss! Best sounding drum synth plug there is - it just needs the Elecktroid sequencer and then it will be king. :)
Glad you like the models. We've taken a fresh look at all of the models whilst keeping the essence of what people like about them intact. This kind of thing is pretty subjective of course but we think they sound a lot better. The hi-hats in particular are a lot cleaner but overall V2 has a more precise sound.

Any eta on a release date or email update? :)

-Sam

So...that would be a no then?

Return to “AudioSpillage”