Elecktroid: Number of voices?

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having a hard time getting samples to play back without lower volume hits cutting off the preceding louder hits. I have the pad set to Polyphonic, but is there a finite number of voices or something that would cause this?

Seems to me that you have choke groups enabled. Make sure that Choke is set to off. Polyphonic should not have any effect in this regard.
(I'm assuming you're having two pads, one with a louder hit than the other, and the louder one is cut off while the other plays)

Nope, just talking about on one pad. I have harder hits on 2 and 4, and ghost notes around them, and the ghost notes kill the harder hits.

b15fliptop wrote:I am having a hard time getting samples to play back without lower volume hits cutting off the preceding louder hits. I have the pad set to Polyphonic, but is there a finite number of voices or something that would cause this?
I'll have to check the source but I think the 1.0.x versions are actually limited to 16 note polyphony. We've since upgraded that in a to-be-released update. It has been pointed out that under certain situations loading new patterns/kits may cause problems similar to those you describe. This has also been fixed ready for an update.

AudioSpillage

Thanks for the reply. I'm relally close to pulling the trigger on this, but the polyphony would be good to know first.

Current version 1.0.3 has 16 note polyphony. This has been doubled in the current development version but could easily be increased to 64 notes if necessary.

AudioSpillage

Hmm. Could you make it user controllable? Maybe an input box or drop down next to the Polyphony button? Do more voices have a big effect on performance?

b15fliptop wrote:Hmm. Could you make it user controllable? Maybe an input box or drop down next to the Polyphony button? Do more voices have a big effect on performance?
Only when in use otherwise they are dormant. Maybe user configurable polyphony could be an option. For a drum machine this isn't usually an issue as most pads contain short hits. But for longer samples and textural stuff it's more important.

I keep playing with the demo, and the only thing keeping me from getting it is the voice stealing. Any idea when the update with increased number of voices will be out?

b15fliptop wrote:I keep playing with the demo, and the only thing keeping me from getting it is the voice stealing. Any idea when the update with increased number of voices will be out?
It's a very simple change in the code to make but it may not be possible to rewind the code base at this point. I'll look into that this week. Otherwise it will have to wait until a 1.x update. We'd like to get that out this month, it might take a little longer.

AudioSpillage

Return to “AudioSpillage”