photosounder compaired to PROSONIQ ISOLATE

Official support for: photosounder.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A_SN wrote:Yes, Photosounder is multi-core capable. Actually, according to a Mac user with 12 cores, Photosounder and HandBrake (a video conversion program) are the only two programs capable of going over 1000% of CPU usage. Photosounder uses all the cores available when processing. No idea about Sonicworx.
Think that might be me. I actually have a 6-core Mac Pro but with HyperThreading it appears as 12 cores and, indeed, it's very gratifying to see that PhotoSounder really does use them all :)

Matt

sandbags wrote:
A_SN wrote:Yes, Photosounder is multi-core capable. Actually, according to a Mac user with 12 cores, Photosounder and HandBrake (a video conversion program) are the only two programs capable of going over 1000% of CPU usage. Photosounder uses all the cores available when processing. No idea about Sonicworx.
Think that might be me. I actually have a 6-core Mac Pro but with HyperThreading it appears as 12 cores and, indeed, it's very gratifying to see that PhotoSounder really does use them all :)

Matt
Yeah that's you haha. And these days I'm slowly threading more of the editing and everything. That's what it takes to make things smoother. So it's getting more advantageous to have more cores. In the latest build I've even multi-threaded the generation of the lookup table used for live synthesis, so with 12 cores it's going to happen much faster (a second or two tops?) than just two cores (up to like 10 seconds I guess). I only parallelise what needs to be parallelised as it's harder to make everything bug-free when everything runs concurrently.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

sandbags wrote:I actually have a 6-core Mac Pro but with HyperThreading it appears as 12 cores and, indeed, it's very gratifying to see that PhotoSounder really does use them all :)

Matt
So does sonicworx, just for the record.

--th
I'm the stereo chancellor

Return to “Photosounder”