Idea: A GREAT feature for Photosounder! Please add!

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really think that Photosounder needs a 'Saturation' knob.

Default setting would be 0.

Positive settings (+) would make the brighter parts of the picture 'brighter' whilst making the darker parts of the picture 'darker'

Negative settings (-) would do the opposite: brighter parts of the picture become 'darker', whilst the darker parts of the picture become 'brighter'

At the moment, the Gamma knob is making the whole picture either darker or brighter, so I think a Saturation knob would be perfect to complement the gamma knob right next to it.

Having the option to tweak both Gamma & Saturation knobs at the same time would lead to interesting Picture and Sound designs, not to mention also aid in all other operations like 'sound isolation'.

I'd like to touch on the sound isolation a bit more: You would isolate the desired harmonics as we do now, press the Mask Invert button, then turn the Saturation knob to your desired postive setting to boost the louder parts of your isolated sound (so brighter part of picture becomes brighter), whilst at the same time making the undesired noise around your isolated harmonics decrease in amplitude (because the colour of the noise sounds would be darker in comparison to the main harmonics of the sound you just isolated a second ago)

So this means the saturation knob bring clearity to the desired isolated harmonics... and best of all, it's all in 1 knob!

But also, if you wanted 'more noise' and less of the direct signal (in other words the opposite of what I just said), then you would turn the Saturation knob to a negative setting.

The higher the setting, the greater the boost/cut for both negative & positive settings.

What do you think? I think it's a must for photosounder.

Electronic1982 wrote:I really think that Photosounder needs a 'Saturation' knob.

Default setting would be 0.

Positive settings (+) would make the brighter parts of the picture 'brighter' whilst making the darker parts of the picture 'darker'

Negative settings (-) would do the opposite: brighter parts of the picture become 'darker', whilst the darker parts of the picture become 'brighter'

At the moment, the Gamma knob is making the whole picture either darker or brighter, so I think a Saturation knob would be perfect to complement the gamma knob right next to it.

Having the option to tweak both Gamma & Saturation knobs at the same time would lead to interesting Picture and Sound designs, not to mention also aid in all other operations like 'sound isolation'.

I'd like to touch on the sound isolation a bit more: You would isolate the desired harmonics as we do now, press the Mask Invert button, then turn the Saturation knob to your desired postive setting to boost the louder parts of your isolated sound (so brighter part of picture becomes brighter), whilst at the same time making the undesired noise around your isolated harmonics decrease in amplitude (because the colour of the noise sounds would be darker in comparison to the main harmonics of the sound you just isolated a second ago)

So this means the saturation knob bring clearity to the desired isolated harmonics... and best of all, it's all in 1 knob!

But also, if you wanted 'more noise' and less of the direct signal (in other words the opposite of what I just said), then you would turn the Saturation knob to a negative setting.

The higher the setting, the greater the boost/cut for both negative & positive settings.

What do you think? I think it's a must for photosounder.
What you're talking about isn't called Saturation but contrast. I've tried it and it's not really any good for anything. You can try it yourself by editing the image in Photoshop.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Return to “Photosounder”