Check update hang Photosounder

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

Yep, that't what happening. Clicking 'Check for updates online' hangs the application for me and the GUI turns white when switching to some other program in Windows XP. I have to kill it by force.

And a minor FR:

To me it would feel more natural if the tool tips disdplayed in the lower left corner was shown when hovering the mouse above the tools, not just showing them after I have clicked the tool. Also, the magnet tool button and the button with three vertical dots and a circle don't have any tool tip.

Adding a bug: Also, performing a rotation a few times while playing a sound hangs and then crashes the app. For example play sound and rotate 90 degrees during playback, play sound again and rotate 90 degrees again gives a hung app.

jensa wrote:Hi.

Yep, that't what happening. Clicking 'Check for updates online' hangs the application for me and the GUI turns white when switching to some other program in Windows XP. I have to kill it by force.

And a minor FR:

To me it would feel more natural if the tool tips disdplayed in the lower left corner was shown when hovering the mouse above the tools, not just showing them after I have clicked the tool. Also, the magnet tool button and the button with three vertical dots and a circle don't have any tool tip.
Both bugs are supposed to be fixed in the latest unreleased version, which will be released I don't know when.

As for the tool tips I like them how they are, call me strange but I don't like when roll over on buttons are acknowledged.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

A_SN wrote:Both bugs are supposed to be fixed in the latest unreleased version, which will be released I don't know when.
Ok, great. No betas available?
A_SN wrote:As for the tool tips I like them how they are, call me strange but I don't like when roll over on buttons are acknowledged.
Hm, ok. One extra mouse click could be avoided in my book but it's your application so you decide of course. :)

jensa wrote:
A_SN wrote:Both bugs are supposed to be fixed in the latest unreleased version, which will be released I don't know when.
Ok, great. No betas available?
A_SN wrote:As for the tool tips I like them how they are, call me strange but I don't like when roll over on buttons are acknowledged.
Hm, ok. One extra mouse click could be avoided in my book but it's your application so you decide of course. :)
Ok there you go http://photosounder.com/misc/photosound ... 28_win.zip

Thanks! Appreciated.

jensa wrote:Thanks! Appreciated.
Is it working fine now?

A_SN wrote:
jensa wrote:Thanks! Appreciated.
Is it working fine now?
Yep, perfect.

Return to “Photosounder”