live synthesis in the next release

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I was reading that there will be live synthesis in the next version of Photosounder, here: http://photosounder.com/changelog.php

What is live synthesis, exactly? Can you share some infos on this? Quite curious and looking forward to this.

Thanks!

Most of the functions of photosounder now work realtime.

It's quite cool. The program isn't intended for jamming, but I enjoy it. :lol: You can do things like make "effect" layers and turn them on or off realtime, move them around or adjust the speed. Once you figure out some of the functions (which does take time) it's fun to load in loops, chop them into different parts and play around with effects and moving them around while saving the output to disk for deeper editing later.

I discovered an awesome "bug" that I hope never gets fixed. You can use the cursor tool to "scrub" through the audio and if you use a keyboard shortcut it gets locked in place as if you were still holding down the mouse button, so you can go about moving, effecting and whatever else you like to that layer or others. You can get some really nice evolving pad sounds by doing this using a subtraction layer and slowly drawing on top of it to reveal more sounds.

More conventionally it just makes the program run faster. :)

Worth checking out when it's out of beta.

Sounds really cool, and very promising! Thanks alot for the cue, can't wait to get the update. Be sure to post something here when it's released!! :P

Return to “Photosounder”