Strange behaviour with the Photosounder flashlight tool

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I've noticed with the flashlight spray tool that if I hold down the mouse button and slide the mouse to paint and brighten an area, after maybe 5 secs or so all the rest the image starts to darken and darken while the area I'm brighting stays bright. The weird thing is that if I paint & slide the mouse real fast, the rest of the image will darken even faster, like if it's following the speed of the mouse.

What's up with that? Anyone else having this issue? I'm having this on Mac OSX 10.8.2, Photosounder 1.8.3.

Is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks!

Neon Breath wrote:Hi!

I've noticed with the flashlight spray tool that if I hold down the mouse button and slide the mouse to paint and brighten an area, after maybe 5 secs or so all the rest the image starts to darken and darken while the area I'm brighting stays bright. The weird thing is that if I paint & slide the mouse real fast, the rest of the image will darken even faster, like if it's following the speed of the mouse.

What's up with that? Anyone else having this issue? I'm having this on Mac OSX 10.8.2, Photosounder 1.8.3.

Is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks!
That's not a bug, that's a feature! When the rest of the image darkens that means the area you painted is so bright that the rest of the image seems dark in comparison. If it didn't do that then it would get burnt out and you wouldn't see what's happening. The flashlight multiplies what's under it, like a real flashlight would, the more you apply it the more it's like you're aiming many aircraft search lights on one same spot. So I would advise to go easy on it, maybe turn down the tool intensity.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

A_SN wrote: That's not a bug, that's a feature! When the rest of the image darkens that means the area you painted is so bright that the rest of the image seems dark in comparison. If it didn't do that then it would get burnt out and you wouldn't see what's happening. The flashlight multiplies what's under it, like a real flashlight would, the more you apply it the more it's like you're aiming many aircraft search lights on one same spot. So I would advise to go easy on it, maybe turn down the tool intensity.
:oops:

Hahaha shame on me, my bad! But glad I asked, I'll have a better comprehension of the utility of the tool. Thanks for the answer and the tips!

Return to “Photosounder”