How to preserve imported image dimensions?

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to run my source image through some audio equipment and then export the processed image, but the dimensions and aspect ratio are changed.

Well then you'd have to adjust?
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

That would result in stretching and antialiasing; not good for graphic design.

prometh wrote:That would result in stretching and antialiasing; not good for graphic design.
The only reason the aspect ratio is changed is if you change the time resolution (you probably do during synthesis I suppose).

Okay, that makes sense. Since I don't have the full version, I used a 16-bit/44khz sound recorder to capture the audio from Photosounder (including the overlayed "demo" samples) and saved a 24-bit/48khz file. I'm currently deciding if I like the graphics produced by tube amps and typical sound effects before I buy.

Thanks for the help!

There's another thing that I don't understand. Opening an image in Photosounder, exporting a wav, running that wav through tube amps to record a new wav, opening that wav in Photosounder and exporting a bmp; all that works, but the end result has lost its colour and is instead in black & white. Is this normal?

prometh wrote:There's another thing that I don't understand. Opening an image in Photosounder, exporting a wav, running that wav through tube amps to record a new wav, opening that wav in Photosounder and exporting a bmp; all that works, but the end result has lost its colour and is instead in black & white. Is this normal?
Yes... how would colour be preserved? If you want colour you need to first separate your image into 3 black and white image, one for each colour channel, and do everything on each channel separately, then at the end put them all back together.

Dunno how it would, hehe. Thanks for the quick response; I'll use that technique!

Return to “Photosounder”