Batch processing for VIDEO/IMAGE SEQUENCE?

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This would be an awesome feature to implement, where each frame is exported as a sound file.

prometh wrote:This would be an awesome feature to implement, where each frame is exported as a sound file.
I don't think so. Imagine each picture renders a 3 seconds sound (you won't get much detail into such a short sound anyway), then every minute of video turns into 1½ hours of sound, plus it would be very repetitive given that most frames are the same. You could always skip most frames anyway but it's not like the result would be so interesting anyway would it?

Anyway I don't know why people kept suggesting this to me, and it's like no one understands that you can already do this if you find a way to turns a video into a single-image strip of frames and then load it into Photosounder.

By the way since this is lost on most people Photosounder is fully scriptable too, so you can automate whatever you like, like turning tons of frames into a ton of sound files. All you have to do is have a script generate the .PHA script you want then run that .PHA file with Photosounder from the command line like "Photosounder.exe script.pha" and Bob's your uncle.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Well, I don't intend to use it for sound design, but instead graphic design. I'd like to modify a video with tube amp effects. Merging each image into a long strip would be more difficult to edit afterwards considering the aspect ratio is changed on output.

prometh wrote:Well, I don't intend to use it for sound design, but instead graphic design. I'd like to modify a video with tube amp effects. Merging each image into a long strip would be more difficult to edit afterwards considering the aspect ratio is changed on output.
Oh I see, that's pretty different than the usual suggestion then. Well, the batch thing might work for you, although can you batch process the audio files with that tube amp thing?

I haven't yet figured out a way to batch/automate the tube amp part, but the longer way would be to import and send/receive each converted image (sound file) with a DAW.

prometh wrote:I haven't yet figured out a way to batch/automate the tube amp part, but the longer way would be to import and send/receive each converted image (sound file) with a DAW.
I don't suppose there's a DAW out here that can do batch processing? Sounds like something that should exist, but I'm the wrong person to ask.

Cool, I'll look into it. Thanks!

Return to “Photosounder”