Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
panspOrmia
KVRer

4 posts since 7 Sep, 2013, from Canada + Brazil

Postby panspOrmia; Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 am HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Greetings,<br /><br />I just bought Photosounder (not realizing there was a demo to try first), and I can`t get it to load at all. I keep getting: `Photosounder.exe has stopped working`. Also, Windows 7 reports a `Problem Event Name: BEX`.

I`m on Windows 7 (PC) 64bit, Thinkpad w520 QuadCore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,
pete
A_SN
KVRian

943 posts since 6 May, 2008, from Poland

Postby A_SN; Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:56 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Mmmh, do you have a crash report?

I'm about to make a new version btw, 64-bit instead of 32, compiled with Visual Studio 2015 instead of 2010, send me an email so I can send you a build and you can tell me if it does anything.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral
guilebarros
KVRer

1 post since 4 Feb, 2017

Postby guilebarros; Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:50 pm Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

I just purchased Photosounder and it's crashing too. It just don't install. What can I do?
panspOrmia
KVRer

4 posts since 7 Sep, 2013, from Canada + Brazil

Postby panspOrmia; Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:57 pm Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Send a PM to A_SN, who I think is the developer of Photosounder (the post just before yours). He immediately solved the issue for me, and I`m sure he`ll do the same for you. Great developer and superb customer support!
A_SN
KVRian

Postby A_SN; Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

In guilebarros's case it's a bit different, it's a Sierra problem, Apple breaking old apps to make developers use their sinking ship of an app store. I'm working on a new version for Sierra, as it is I just have a little problem with a final step, once it's solved it should work fine.
go_fig
KVRer

2 posts since 8 Jun, 2017

Postby go_fig; Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:52 pm Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

I just purchased Photosounder and found that it won't load (immediate crash) on my Macbook Pro, mid-2010, running macOS Sierra 10.12.2. This goes for 1.9 and the latest beta.
go_fig
KVRer

2 posts since 8 Jun, 2017

Postby go_fig; Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Sorry, I'd missed the Sierra-specific version. Durr. It works fine.
A_SN
KVRian

Postby A_SN; Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:11 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

go_fig wrote:Sorry, I'd missed the Sierra-specific version. Durr. It works fine.

You didn't miss it, I added it today :). Sadly for the demo it only works if you launch it from the Terminal, I forgot how to make a DMG properly...
Ivn_Os
KVRer

4 posts since 19 Nov, 2012

Postby Ivn_Os; Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:51 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Catch some problems with opening of img files on OSX ElCaptain
Sierra Version App- just crashes
OSX App Load nothing and show log like this
Code: Select all
File not found: /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg
File /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg couldn't be opened
fopen() returns NULL
A_SN
KVRian

Postby A_SN; Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Ivn_Os wrote:Catch some problems with opening of img files on OSX ElCaptain
fopen() returns NULL

It looks like your image's path might have some unicode characters in it. What's the actual file name? Anyway, coincidentally I fixed that problem yesterday (I was converting strings from open dialogs to basic ASCII instead of utf-8, which means it doesn't work if you have special characters), I haven't made a new build though, so in the meantime you should put files to open in a path with no non-ASCII characters in it. I suspect your user name (the "***" in "/Users/***/") is also unicode, so you'd want to avoid anything there, that includes the Desktop folder, Downloads, Documents folders and so on. Sorry about that, hopefully I can put out a new version soon.

Oh and as for Sierra, I assume you mean using the demo, you need to follow the special instructions on the download page.
Ivn_Os
KVRer

Postby Ivn_Os; Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

A_SN wrote:
Ivn_Os wrote:Catch some problems with opening of img files on OSX ElCaptain
fopen() returns NULL

It looks like your image's path might have some unicode characters in it. What's the actual file name? Anyway, coincidentally I fixed that problem yesterday (I was converting strings from open dialogs to basic ASCII instead of utf-8, which means it doesn't work if you have special characters), I haven't made a new build though, so in the meantime you should put files to open in a path with no non-ASCII characters in it. I suspect your user name (the "***" in "/Users/***/") is also unicode, so you'd want to avoid anything there, that includes the Desktop folder, Downloads, Documents folders and so on. Sorry about that, hopefully I can put out a new version soon.

Oh and as for Sierra, I assume you mean using the demo, you need to follow the special instructions on the download page.

I tried to open files with different names (no special characters). Same problem.
My user name also have no special characters (IvnOs).
Non user folder images open well.
Also [.wav] files located at user folder open well (except slow spectrum draw with heavy CPU load in parallel).

As for Sierra, i just updated my OSX and using updated Photosounder version for Sierra. But i'm not sure where should i put license file and other contents like manual?

Also is it normal that Photosounder opens 2sec [.wav] sound files for about a 1 minute and heavily loads CPU during almost every action?

And last thing i found is that after opening of image file and trying to create new one (cmd+n) program also always crash.
A_SN
KVRian

Postby A_SN; Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:43 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Ivn_Os wrote:I tried to open files with different names (no special characters). Same problem.
My user name also have no special characters (IvnOs).
Non user folder images open well.

Then what's the "***"? Please don't edit your logs.

Ivn_Os wrote:As for Sierra, i just updated my OSX and using updated Photosounder version for Sierra. But i'm not sure where should i put license file and other contents like manual?

The license file goes in the same folder as Photosounder.

Ivn_Os wrote:lso is it normal that Photosounder opens 2sec [.wav] sound files for about a 1 minute and heavily loads CPU during almost every action?

Only if your computer is from 1999. You've got lots of strange stuff going on, I'm gonna need more details.

Ivn_Os wrote:And last thing i found is that after opening of image file and trying to create new one (cmd+n) program also always crash.

Can you post a crash log of the Cmd+N crash? Thank you.
Ivn_Os
KVRer

Postby Ivn_Os; Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:37 pm Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

A_SN wrote:Then what's the "***"? Please don't edit your logs.

Sorry just made asterisks because of being a little bit paranoid, about my personal info.

A_SN wrote:Only if your computer is from 1999. You've got lots of strange stuff going on, I'm gonna need more details.

I would be happy to send you any information you need.

A_SN wrote:Can you post a crash log of the Cmd+N crash? Thank you.

Added log in attach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A_SN
KVRian

Postby A_SN; Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:39 am Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Ivn_Os wrote:
A_SN wrote:Only if your computer is from 1999. You've got lots of strange stuff going on, I'm gonna need more details.

I would be happy to send you any information you need.

I'm not even sure what to ask for, there's no reason for a short sound to take so long to load. Is it the same with many other such short sounds? What computer model do you have?

Ivn_Os wrote:
A_SN wrote:Can you post a crash log of the Cmd+N crash? Thank you.

Added log in attach

Excellent thank you, the log showed me where it occurs, I just fixed it (I think). I'll let you know when I can send you a new version to try.
Ivn_Os
KVRer

Postby Ivn_Os; Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 pm Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

A_SN wrote:I'm not even sure what to ask for, there's no reason for a short sound to take so long to load. Is it the same with many other such short sounds? What computer model do you have?

Every sound loading like i open a picture via dial-up modem. Also need to mention that longer files take the same amount of time to load.
I use iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 3,3 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

A_SN wrote:Excellent thank you, the log showed me where it occurs, I just fixed it (I think). I'll let you know when I can send you a new version to try.

I would be happy to help you improve your software. May be If you need more testing on mac os we could start to discuss this by email?
Next

Moderator: A_SN

Return to Photosounder