New Script?

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just been reading an earlier post from bharris and I see that you mention a new script coming later this year. Is this just a new script or are you bringing out a new version of Strumaker? I'm still loving v3 but I still miss that facility to get just the four inner strings. I missed the last update (May 2012) and it doesn't seem to be available anymore so sorry if the above has already been done.

Send me an email with your purchase data and I'll get you up to date.

Yes, I'm hoping to overhaul StrumMaker to allow any combination of strings and the abiily to just select the notes on the graphic fretboard rather than the pull-down menus. I might try to include chord recognition.

TC

First off, thanks for sending me the link to the update, it really is much appreciated. I had thought it was going to be just the .nki's but it was a whole new download. I'm still just using the Nashville strummed guitar though, as it fits best with what I do.
I'm using the new 'StrumMaker III Alt.nki' as adjusting those strum length bars at the bottom of the pattern seems to give a better sound for me. However, I'm having problems with the key switches. I set up three user patterns and assign them to C0, C#0 and D0. They're fine when I have the project open but when I reload the song into Reaper as soon as a keyswitch command is received the C0, C#0 and D0 revert to Rock 1, Rock 2 and Rock 3. To make sure it wasn't just a Reaper thing I done a test in Ableton Live 8 with the same result. This happens even though I resave the 'StrumMaker III Alt.nki' under a different name. The user patterns are still there, they're just not in the Rock 1,2 and 3 slots where I left them.
It's not really a big deal as it's only a matter of a few seconds to alter it once the project is loaded but it may be something you could address in any new version. Thanks again for a nice update though.

Oh, I must just mention that that Nashville Guitar $5.00 download is without doubt the best $5.00 I can remember spending on a Kontakt instrument. Obviously it's not going to replace Torch, but for a quick down and dirty country lead guitar (Telecaster?) it can't be beat.

[quote="tcollins"]Send me an email with your purchase data and I'll get you up to date.
/quote]TC, was there an update to StrumMaker III? My latestAGC/StrumMakerIII update is "AGCupdate_8_8_11.zip". It doesn't include anything like "StrumMaker III alt.nki" ?

Hey williemyers
there seems to be a bit of weirdness here. I read a thread a couple below this one headed 'AGC Strumaker III Update ready' because the last post on it was May 29 2012. Oddly, the thread was started October 23 2010. TC sent me an update which had a new (to me) function of setting the strum duration by pulling up bars from the bottom of the strumaker pattern window which I'd never seen before (the 'StrumMaker III Alt.nki') so I'm figuring that this is a newer update than the October 2010 one. I already had the August 2011 update like you. I guess someone will update us on this at some point.

Ok, I'll see if I can clarify things.

The last major update for AGC was Oct 23, 2010, when StrumMaker III was introduced as well as the "all in one" main instrument where any of the guitars could be chosen with a pull-down menu. There are occasionally posts on the "AGC SrumMaker III Ready" thread, which pulls it back up to the top of the list. I think this is causing most of the confusion.

StrumMaker III uses CC#64 sustain commands (in the background) to control note durations, which seemed to me to be an improvement over previous versions. This is different from StrumMaker II and Torch that use a second grid to control duration. This was causing notes to be cut off in some sequencers, so StrumMaker III Alt was created in Oct 2011, which returned to the original 2 grid system. This seemed to solve the problems that some customers were having.

Also, a few other small bugs (mostly wrong chords) have been fixed.

So that's where we are now. If anyone is in need of the Strummaker II Alt .nki just email me and I will get it to you.

TC

jonny_g wrote:First off, thanks for sending me the link to the update, it really is much appreciated. I had thought it was going to be just the .nki's but it was a whole new download. I'm still just using the Nashville strummed guitar though, as it fits best with what I do.
I'm using the new 'StrumMaker III Alt.nki' as adjusting those strum length bars at the bottom of the pattern seems to give a better sound for me. However, I'm having problems with the key switches. I set up three user patterns and assign them to C0, C#0 and D0. They're fine when I have the project open but when I reload the song into Reaper as soon as a keyswitch command is received the C0, C#0 and D0 revert to Rock 1, Rock 2 and Rock 3. To make sure it wasn't just a Reaper thing I done a test in Ableton Live 8 with the same result. This happens even though I resave the 'StrumMaker III Alt.nki' under a different name. The user patterns are still there, they're just not in the Rock 1,2 and 3 slots where I left them.
It's not really a big deal as it's only a matter of a few seconds to alter it once the project is loaded but it may be something you could address in any new version. Thanks again for a nice update though.

Oh, I must just mention that that Nashville Guitar $5.00 download is without doubt the best $5.00 I can remember spending on a Kontakt instrument. Obviously it's not going to replace Torch, but for a quick down and dirty country lead guitar (Telecaster?) it can't be beat.
Thank-you for the kind words, jonny.
I'll fix the key switch problem as soon as I get a chance.
The guitar used in Nashville, Metal, and Lead guitars was a Music Man,the best sounding all around electric guitar I've ever come across.

Return to “Indiginus”