New! StrumMaker IV Acoustic Guitar is Released

Official support for: indiginus.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

StrumMaker IV Acousticis the latest addition to our guitar lineup, is based on all new samples (almost 2 GB un-compressed wavs, 1 GB with Kontakt's compression) and debuts the latest version of our StrumMaker strumming engine. It is much more deeply sampled than our previous acoustic guitars, and compliments the new strum engine very well. Please check out the video.

Thank-you,
TC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyN6hrZ98XM

https://soundcloud.com/indiginus/sets/s ... v-acoustic

Great news, will check it out tonight.

No email about it, though.

Glad I noticed the topic.

Musical Gym wrote:Great news, will check it out tonight.

No email about it, though.

Glad I noticed the topic.
Point taken!

We are planning to use Constant Contact for email notifications starting this week.

thanks

Your instruments deserve notice!

+1 for some sort of email notification. Not everyone likes to spend all of their time on forums... nor on Facebook. :wink:
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Very, very nice. Please keep us informed about your plans for additional guitars for the StrumMaker IV Engine. Maybe a poll in this forum would reveal that lots of folks want, say, an ES-335 and hardly anybody wants a PRS (examples chosen arbitrarily).

The following suggestions are made in total ignorance about how hard it would be to implement them.

(1) In the pattern editor, I'd like to see numeric velocity values in a "tool tip" as I move the sliders. Incidentally, the manual might mention the fact that holding down the shift key moves the sliders more slowly as you drag the mouse (this is pretty standard behavior, but not everybody knows that).

(2) Thanks for providing triplets on the step resolution dial. For eighth note triplets, setting the number of steps to 12 gives you a pattern that's one measure long. Since you can chain up to eight of them, that's fine. For sixteenth note triplets, 12 steps gives you a half a measure, requiring two patterns per measure, and chains that are up to four measures long. That's OK, but it would be even better to have up to 24 step patterns.

(3) One use for chaining is to construct multi-part patterns that have both quarter note triplets and eighth notes (for example, "one - two-trip-let - three - four-and"). Can't do that within one pattern having 16 or few steps. With 24 steps per pattern, though, you could mix eighth notes and eighth note triplets in the same one measure long pattern. You'd need 48 steps per pattern to do the same with sixteenth notes. That's probably asking a bit much.

(4) This comment applies to both instruments, SM4 and Acoustic Guitar. I'm not a big fan of having to save a copy of the whole instrument in order to save my own pattern sets (with associated custom chords) and/or presets. One relatively minor reason is that instruments take a while to load while presets don't. A much more important reason is revealed when the .nki is updated to fix a bug or add a feature. If you want the update to apply to all of your pattern sets and presets, you have recreate them all. My past life as a programmer taught me the horrors of this way of doing things.

In spite these issues, these are really nice instruments. Thanks.

--Bob Richard

An update(1.2) will be ready sometime this week.

Bob- You will be able to save patterns and chords to disk and reload them!

Also, a 12-string mode will be available for strumming.

If you own both SM4 and Acoustic Guitar Collection, you will be able to access the AGC guitars in the StrumMaker IV interface!

-TC

tcollins wrote:An update(1.2) will be ready sometime this week.

Bob- You will be able to save patterns and chords to disk and reload them!

Also, a 12-string mode will be available for strumming.

If you own both SM4 and Acoustic Guitar Collection, you will be able to access the AGC guitars in the StrumMaker IV interface!

-TC
Say AMEN! Somebody!

As someone who virtually owns most of your virtual products, I thank you. (Virtually)

hueynym wrote:Say AMEN! Somebody!

As someone who virtually owns most of your virtual products, I thank you. (Virtually)
Amen (there, I said it).
tcollins wrote:If you own both SM4 and Acoustic Guitar Collection, you will be able to access the AGC guitars in the StrumMaker IV interface!

-TC
Great! Is there any chance that Torch will also be included in a future update?

--Bob Richard

Bob,

Torch is a more complicated beast, because of the 3 pickup sample sets and the effects, so it would have to be updated on it's own, which would require adapting the SM4 script and new graphics. Honestly, I hate to mess with Torch because I use it constantly and it just works so well in it's current form.
EDIT: I'm not sure what form an update to Torch will take at this point, or whether it might be incorporated into a new product along the lines of the SM4 Acoustic/AGC model.

-TC
Last edited by tcollins on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcollins wrote:Torch is a more complicated beast, because of the 3 pickup sample sets and the effects, so it will have to be updated on it's own, which will require adapting the SM4 script and new graphics. Honestly, I hate to mess with Torch because I use it constantly and it just works so well in it's current form. It will be updated, though, although I've learned the hard way not to commit to a time-table! :)
Sounds like it might be more productive to leave Torch the way it is and plan on doing other instruments instead. I have a personal wish-list: Telecaster, ES-335, Les Paul, in about that order. Others will have other wish lists.

A Les Paul? Hmmm.....

The "StrumMaker IV Update I.IV" update thread got me looking for this one. Somehow I had missed it.

Anyway, now that this product is available, does it overtake AGC (which has StrumMaker III) or does AGC still have something unique to offer?

And does StrumMaker IV emit MIDI so that I can edit it in my DAW host?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Darkstar,

AGC is definitely due for an update, although if you have both SM4 and AGC you can access the AGC sounds in the SM4 strum engine. AGC is an older library, but I've played around with updating it with the SM4/Delta Blues- style GUI, including creating hammer-ons with the existing sample sets and it works really well. The nylon-string guitar especially, for being such a small sample set, really shines!
So there is an AGC update on the way.

I am working on a "generic" version of SM4's strum engine that will probably be better for out-putting midi data. The problem now is that the script is sending out data to separate "strings" in different key groups, as well as various notes and data that are specific to the script and sample set. I can simplify this for triggering other samples or recording the midi data. It will be part of an update for either SM4 or AGC.

TC

Return to “Indiginus”