StrumMaker IV 1_3 Update

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you own StrumMaker IV Acoustic Guitar you should receive an email, but experience has taught me to announce it here just in case! :wink:

In this update:
- We've added a Key Switch Display bar that shows you the function of any key switch that you depress.
- The Variation key switch function has changed. Now, when you depress a Variation key switch, it will apply to the next chord played, so you can access any of the 144 available chords at any time in your sequence. The Key Switch display shows the upcoming Variation until the next chord trigger note is played.

I'll get a video together showing this in action

-TC

Still thinking of buying this. But what about the video, I'd like to see this feature in action. Thanks.
Ilk

I'm finishing up a new update, and I'll be making some more detailed videos when it's done. Sorry for the delay in replying. -TC

I will be picking this up pretty soon I hope.
Thanks for continuing to work on it.

How are the new videos going? I'd like to pick this up towards the end of the month but would like to see the videos before if possible.
Is there any way to do alternate tunings? I'd like to be able to tune certain strings up or down if possible and also mute two strings. I know the mute feature is available. It would be great to be able to either tune strings up/down or assign note values or samples to strings with some type of switch or replace feature.

A new update is actually finished, except for updating the user guide and the new videos. It will include a swing function for the strumming patterns and selectable body resonances, which improve the overall sound quite dramatically!
You can mute or unmute any strings, but at this point you cannot change the tuning of any strings. That is a good idea for a future update, but would require some additional sampling to capture the lower notes. I'll put that on the requested feature list.

tcollins wrote:..at this point you cannot change the tuning of any strings. That is a good idea for a future update, but would require some additional sampling to capture the lower notes. I'll put that on the requested feature list.
I'm also interested in being able to retune the middle four strings while muting the first and sixth. I have various four string guitar tunings I would like to use, not just lowering the fifth and sixth. If you need suggestions or links to various alternate tunings, I can try to provide some of the information. Ideally, each of the sixth strings might have a whole note higher/lower choice, plus possibly a higher octave choice with reassignable string (locations). For instance:
6: muted
5: A (normal tuning)
4: A (+1 octave); this would be the G string up a whole note assigned to the D string.
3: C#; this would be the B string up a whole note assigned to the G string.
2: E; this would be the high E string (normal) assigned to the B string.
1: muted
Each alternately tuned string might ideally be assignable to other strings besides the traditional location (peg) as in the example above.
On-board presets might include the most commonly used alternate tunings and a way to create and save user-made tunings.
Additionally, user slots might be able to handle multiple alternate tunings/chords which could be triggered within the current sequence or song. For instance, the verse might be in Drop-D, while the chorus goes to Open-D.

I was thinking that the various open tunings might also be able to be achieved with user chords.
What would normally be open strings might be fretted instead. I don't know if SM IV actually differentiates between open and fretted string sounds, but I expect the six open strings were recorded as open.
It would be easier to compare the actual guitar fingerings if a methodology as in the above example (previous post) was utilized.

If I purchase SM IV, will I receive the latest update that was just finished?

The update will be released this weekend (by March 30), and the product download will be updated at the same time. All SM4 owners will receive an email notification.

tcollins wrote:The update will be released this weekend (by March 30), and the product download will be updated at the same time. All SM4 owners will receive an email notification.
great, thank you
I had another idea for tunings like drop D, open D, etc.
I'll probably toy with tuning Kontakt itself down a whole step to see if I can come up with some fingerings that might match some of the open-tuned chords after I purchase it.
Does SM IV have midi out?

Hi. I don't own it yet but will buy as soon as I find out that it's available.

Return to “Indiginus”