SSS: Automating section volume

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I'm just having a senior moment, but I've not been able to automate the volume levels of the string, brass, perc and synth sections independently in Solid State Symphony.

I want to fade the brass in for certain passages, so the ideal solution would be MIDI control over the brass volume control. But I can't seem to make it work.

I drag CC#20 from the controller list over to the knob, the little + icon displays as expected, and Kontakt shows CC20 is assigned. But subsequent automation doesn't do anything.

Is there maybe another way to do this? Or am I just going about it wrong?

There seems to be a tiny scripting mishap happening here. Looks like the section toggle buttons to the left of volume knobs aren't adjusted for width and height in the script, and as such are covering a part of the volume knob next to it (even though you can't see them covering it... it's a strange Kontakt thing).

Tracy, for each of the toggle buttons (strings, winds, perc) you need to enter the width and height in the script according to what the actual size of the button is (in this case that's probably something like 18x18 px, so in the script you have to enter 20 for both - due to Kontakt's strange image handling for ui_buttons...)

Good catch, ED. That fits one of the symptoms - at one point the toggle switch was being activated even though the CC was linked to the adjacent volume knob.

For the time being, when you drag the CC slot over the knob, drag it to the very TOP of the knob. That should point at the knob rather than the button. You should see the name of the scripted knob in the Auto pane (in case of button you will just see " - <name of NKI>").

I see what you mean, guys. It was a struggle to get all those GUI elements to get along, when they are packed so close together. I'll see what I can do.
I just did try scripting the height and width all the way down to 12 pixels, but it didn't really improve.
Thanks, EvilDragon, for helping.

I tried editing the script manually, and it's working, at least over here... I set width and height for those toggle buttons to 20/20, seemed to completely solve the issue - the buttons don't overlap with the ui_slider so you can now automate/MIDI learn those volume knobs easily.

So, for future reference, it's always good to define width and height for buttons and switches - despite the fact that they might "look just fine" on the GUI itself. :)

Return to “Indiginus”