loud notes SOLVED

Official support for: indiginus.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all, Torch electric is giving me a problem in that at random, some notes will be many times louder than the others. It's like the velocity is suddenly increased a lot. This happens for no apparent reason, I can be playing a rift, and one or two notes will jump way out, pegging the audio meter and doing a number on my ears. I can go back and play the same notes, and the behavior is normal. This only happens with torch, the Indiginus acoustic does not exhibit this problem, nor do any of the other guitars in that I use in Kontakt. Anyone else seen this problem, any suggestions for a fix?

Hi Milt,
My apologies for such a slow reply to your question. I do have KVR set to notify me of new posts in this forum now.

Torch should not be doing this, and I haven't encountered it myself. Something may have gotten corrupted somehow. You might try re-installing (un-zipping the original download) to see if this corrects the problem. If you need a fresh download, contact me by email and I'll get you set up.

Thanks for the reply, TC. Dumb question, but how do I access your email, I will need a fresh download. Thanks again!

Wow, now Brenda says that there is no proof that I own Torch, I own it and SM4. She wants proof of purchase, what would that be?

Milt-
It's usually just the Paypal invoice. Brenda's checking the Paypal history now.
Sometimes, if it's an old email (different than the current one), it gets harder to find.

Hi,

Just purchased Torch and I'm getting the some problem with spurious, random, LOUD notes.

Cheers
Dave

This is odd- nothing has been changed with Torch for over a year.
A few questions:
1. Does this happen when using StrumMaker and/or the Sequencer, or when just playing the guitar sound normally?
2. Can I have specifics as to your system and DAW?

You can PM or email me if you prefer.
tc@indiginus.com

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.... for some reason I didn't receive an email about your post.

To answer your questions:-

1. Only noticed it when playing the guitar sound normally

2. I'm using an Intel Core I7 965 Extreme 3.2G PC with 12 GB RAM, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. My DAW is Cubase (64 bit) and is fully up to date at version 7.5.30

Cheers
Dave

Thanks, Dave.
What version of Kontakt are you using?

Off the top of my head I think it's 5.3, but could be wrong... not in my studio right now

Dave-
I need you to send me a screenshot and midi file where the problem occurs. Let's continue through email.
tc@indiginus.com

Problem fixed. There was an error in the script where a velocity of 109 (or wherever the Articulation Switch Velocity slider is set) would allow all keygroups to play at once, which is a bad thing. My controller, and apparently many other controllers never send out a velocity of 109, which might explain why this problem was never brought to my attention before.

I'll upload an update when I'm sure that it's right.

Anyway, thank-you Dave and Milt for your efforts in helping me get it fixed!

Well, Tracy, I just had the outburst again. After it happened on a run I was working on, I pedaled a note going from light velocity and gradually increasing the velocity. The outburst occured about halfway through the pedal and I checked the velocity of the note and it was 109. I tried this on several notes, and the offending note always had a velocity of 109. I changed the articulations switch velocity to 127, and it stopped. Milton.

Are you sure that you were using the Torch .nki with the updated script? If it was one of the presets from the preset folder it would be the old script. I'm finishing an update with a couple of fixes so I'll get you a link when it's done.

Return to “Indiginus”