Phase reset in DrumGrizzly

Official support for: cfa-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! :)
I really enjoy demo of DrumGrizzly. He (it) has really nice sound. :) Would like to buy, but one thing worries me. When you look at osciloscope, you can see audio starting from different position everytime. I've tried other drum synths too and they retrig the phase.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for help. :)

Hello,
nice to hear that you like the sound of the Grizzly :D
The "no-phase-reset" is absolutely intended. Every new note/trigger will sounds not exactly same as the previously one. We think it's better as a pure static sound, to give the Grizzly also a small difference to the other drumtools, so it's a kind of more alive :wink:

I thought so. Courageous in terms of kickdrums. I heard about producers, that are crazy enough to shift phases efen on recorded acoustic kickdrums to get them trigger in the same phase. Retrig button could be cool feature request to another versions. :)

Question: Is thare way I can deactivate OSCs and let only noise being played?

Anyway, sound of this little bear is really cool. Especially distortions... I even like that minimalistic aproach. Its cool for Ableton's drum racks, where loading huge drum machines would be overkilling for some tiny percs... :)

FarleyCZ wrote:I thought so. Courageous in terms of kickdrums. I heard about producers, that are crazy enough to shift phases efen on recorded acoustic kickdrums to get them trigger in the same phase. Retrig button could be cool feature request to another versions. :)

Question: Is thare way I can deactivate OSCs and let only noise being played?

Anyway, sound of this little bear is really cool. Especially distortions... I even like that minimalistic aproach. Its cool for Ableton's drum racks, where loading huge drum machines would be overkilling for some tiny percs... :)
Drums didn't must mean "only kicks" i think the DrumGrizzly has more strongs in fm-percussion than in pure kick sounds :)

Hmm noise only? Usually on drummachines like that, there is the noise just an addon. Would be the big question inside the update plans if it would be logical to have an extra volume control for the osc-sum to let only the noise run if wanted.
Atm there is the update plan quite emtpy except some "maybe ideas" like a new basic layout with 3 osc units(all with 2 osc,noise), all seperately trigger-able(like Dirty Panda with selectable trigger notes :D ) running into the fm section, which effects all osc units on the same level and logical distortion/filter/lofi etc.

I found Snares what's Grizzly is really bad ass in. :) FM works great on them and these distortions sounds amazing with the bitcrusher. (courious questions, are they before crusher or post? :p)

Anyway, there is one another thing that's pulling me a bit off (don't take it personally, I love it, just as student one need to think about every penny) ... and that's attacks. OSC would really use attack button. Sometimes I need to limit spikes by limiter. Especially with non resetable phases is impossible to predict on which hit they appear.

Aaaanyway, love this Grizzly. This cute angry picture contribute to the "Oh, I need this plug!" really well. :D

what happened to drumgrizzly. can i still purchase it somewhere?

Return to “CFA-Sound”