My new -huge- toy... Viscount DB5 !

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

there's nothing better than b4 ... i mean, i own the real thing, but when it comes to clones, i think nothing sounds like a NI B4 out of good DAconverters and then into a real leslie speaker (obviuosly you must turn down the B4's leslie).
You can also try to keep the B4 rotary speaker and plug your soundcard outputs into a (stereo) tube guitar amp.

lukeys wrote:there's nothing better than b4 ... i mean, i own the real thing, but when it comes to clones, i think nothing sounds like a NI B4 out of good DAconverters and then into a real leslie speaker (obviuosly you must turn down the B4's leslie).
You can also try to keep the B4 rotary speaker and plug your soundcard outputs into a (stereo) tube guitar amp.
Yeah, B4 sounds great, but you can't PERFORM on B4.

I've got my CX-3 rigged so every single control works perfectly in B4. :) Had to write some MIDI processing macros in SX to make this possible, but it worked.

I also wrote a MIDI converter plug for converting Juno-106 sysex to B4 controller messages. I'll probably give that away free soon, as soon as I get around to it. Unfortunatly I sold my 106 to eat this month, so I can't really improve it any more, but it does let you use all the sliders on the Juno as if they were the drawbars... and makes good use of the buttons to sub for the Hammond controls. :D

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”