List of apps that can run from a flash drive

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

didt see Usine by sensomusic on the list?

did not test but I think it runs from USB?

It very well might, but I haven't updated the topic in a while. I need to do that, so if people bug me enough, I'll get to it in a day or so. I just need to go through the posts and see what I'm missing.

Brent
My host is better than your host

did i mention open modplug tracker, works on usb stick, also works under wine,

i believe all ini type stuff is stored in the local folder...

plus it has drag and drop adding of vsts to the library, so no issues there... supports sf2, and lots of other things... and and interesting factoid for data benders... take an exported wav, and drop it on modplug as if it was a song file... with some edititng, you've got an instant noise hit... (IE - modplug accepts raw data, and tries to build a song out of it, so you get lots of neat data smamples) - "What did you do with that report johnson? i needed it an hour ago...." "f**ker i databent it! wanna hear?" "PEEEAAWWW__CHRASSSHH __ SSSSSS_ POP!!" - "JOHNSON YOU'RE FIRED!! SECURITY!! DESTROY THAT PC!!"

dover666 wrote: "What did you do with that report johnson? i needed it an hour ago...." "f**ker i databent it! wanna hear?" "PEEEAAWWW__CHRASSSHH __ SSSSSS_ POP!!" - "JOHNSON YOU'RE FIRED!! SECURITY!! DESTROY THAT PC!!"

fukkin Johnson...

what a dick.
ImageImageImageImage

Well I ran into the same predicament with my new laptop. I'm primarily a cubase user but don't want to lug that key around with me. I just went with Reaper and ASIO4All. Still can't get used to that darn GUI but it sure is easy on the laptop!
PT 9 | Cubase 6 | Sony Acid Pro 7 for Laptop | Soundforge 9 | Wavelab | Guitars | Korg M3 | Korg Triton Extreme |

For stuff pertaining to registry settings there's a free program that will find and output registry settings that have been added to the registry, just run from a clean install of what program your installing and then run after and it will outputs settings. I use this for making Unattended XP Installation Disc's with reg mod's. You cant have "Example" program installed previously if your looking for what the installation of reason changed in the registry for example.

The program is called Regshot Unicode and is free, and i don't think its on the internet anymore. Or it might be hard to find one with the english language included.

If anyone wants, I can upload it as its a free program, if needed. I hope this isn't against any rules( I doubt ).

Chris :)

DELETED

This is a kick-ass topic... I love thin-apps but had no idea music tools can run like that too.

koolkeys wrote:Well, I had a recent thread where I was asking how to run EXT on a Flash drive. My problem with it was that it needed ASIO, and I don't have it. So that started me on a search for something to run it as a VST.

So I figured we could share apps that we have success with running them on a flash drive. No other factors, just that it can run on a flash drive. If they only need ASIO, put that down also, as not every computer will let you install ASIO.

Here is what I have working so far:

1. EXT- needs ASIO, but runs perfect in another host
2. Phrazor
3. Reaper
4. VST Host
5. Tunafish- just select "Run as portable application" in options.(Brambos)
6. tinyhost(Big Tick)
7. LUNA
8. Simple Virtual Host(plugin host from FXpansion)
9. CMuzy's(probably regular Muzy's also)
10. Wavosaur Audio Editor
11. Audacity Audio Editor
12. Airrack
13. SAW Studio
14. Lunchbox Battles

I know there are more, and I have tried a couple others, but I forgot all of them. So what other hosts or music apps of any kind do you have that will run from a flash drive? It can be commercial or free.

If it requires special steps, also post them, like an ini file needing moved. I thought this was the case with Reaper, but I didn't do that and it runs fine here at work.

Cheers!

Brent
KarmaFX Synth and Head Case both are portable. :-)

--Sean

I just noticed how old this thread is........ No wonder the topic seemed so familiar....I wasn't having deja vu after all.... :hihi:

--Sean

Out with the old, in with the new - Mutools MULABS. :D

Orion DAW can run on my 8gb usb stick
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

good stuff :D

Any others? How about sample libraries? (Kontakt/Omni/Sampletank....you name 'em)
USB Sticks are getting bigger by the minute so the room isn't much of a problem anymore.

I bought a PNY 128 GB flash drive. The 128 GB version is 130 read 190 write. The 64 is much slower.

When you format the 128 GB PNY flash drive to NSFT is get reduced 4 time s to about 31.9 gb. It is irreversible. It stays at 31.9 GB no matter how you format afterwards.

I think NSFT is the main system used for computers and saving on the C drive. It can hold recovery.

I picked my PNY 128 GB up for about 40 dollars on sell at tigerdirect or newegg. Check deals2buy.com for deals.

Peace out,

Faith Fox
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”