Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote:
robojam wrote:This mixer is supposedly capable of being used in a live situation. What if I want to play a live instrument processed through a laptop. I would use the monitor bus to listen to what I'm playing and use the main bus for the PA, or vice versa (not that I should have to reverse it). Either way one of those sources is going to be missing the processed sound.
OK ... I think I understand now. I was thinking of a studio setup, rather than a live one. Doesn't pressing the "2 track/usb to main" button send the processed sound to the main outs, while the "2 track/USB" button sends the same signal to the headphone/monitor out?

Looks like a great little mixer for the money btw
What you've described is what I though the mixer would do, but the "2 Track/USB" on the monitor bus sends playback and live processed signal to the monitor bus; and the "2 Track/USB" on the main bus sends playback and unprocessed live signal to the main bus.

It is a good mixer for the money though (slightly noisy monitor bus is probably my only criticism other than the internal routing). I just don't understand why the routing options are the way they are.

In Live, if you mute the track with the unprocessed signal, while sending it's audio to a VST track for processing, so only the processed sound is audible, can you still hear ONLY the un-processed sound when the "2 track/USB to mix" button is depressed?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”