Upcoming PC Upgrade - In Need Of Suggestions.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kaine wrote:Admittedly the last AMD chip I tested was the A10 5800 but it didn't do well against anything higher than an i3 and that was pretty much down to the shared cache/FPU bottleneck which seems problematic for audio processing. The 8350 doesn't do anything to resolve this so I'm not expecting any great leap forward in performance for audio rigs; I'll see if I can dig a chip up and bench it.
That would be great. FX-8350 audio benchmarks would be interesting because some of the (not audio, though) benchmarks were pretty impressive, especially in multi-threaded apps - it was on par with 3770 in some tests.

@devon: Can you recommend any specific board, point me to differences that would be important, or help me decide which one will be more stable?

thanks in advance :D

zoobooboozoo wrote:@devon: Can you recommend any specific board, point me to differences that would be important, or help me decide which one will be more stable?

thanks in advance :D
Nope, sorry. Research takes a lot of time, which I don't have. However, if someone one here can recommend a board they are using for the setup you're trying, or you hit the Cubase/Cakewalk/etc forums and see what they are using, that would be a better bet.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”