UAD Apollo Systems

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Apollo x16 Apollo x6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH1v7KND1XM

I just watched that video and I am totally sold on the Apollos. It's just incredible that they were able to do so much with two Apollo quads.

Anyone own these ?
:borg:

Yep. We used one live on a tour for a band not too long ago with the Thunderbolt expansion. We had 3 keyboardists simultaneously triggering big kontakt & VSL libraries and softsynths, with a lot of FX plugins running in Mainstage all on one iMac. The Apollo didnt break a sweat and we were running at 192 samples buffer size with no dropouts. And it sounds damn good. Gotta say it was the most reliable piece of gear on the tour. No driver issues or dropouts in 95 shows. It even survived a Coachella sandstorm. Wish I could say the same for some of the other gear ;)

I absolutely love my apollo!! The only thing I don't like about it is when I have to remove it from the studio for shows. I have a case, but still... I'd rather it stay racked in the studio with all my synths patched into it... AD/DA is top notch and the latency free plugs is nice too. You won't regret the purchase, but a word of advice: if you acquire one, refrain from "trial-ing" the plugins. It gets expensive :-)

Come on UAD... Adopt USB 3 already, It doesn't have to replace, but can be an optional output like RME (Who will get my upgrade money if you don't come through with something more flexible), I'm not gonna spend an extra $900 to use your gear on a Win PC system.

Here's hoping they see the light!!!

Cheers... V.

I have and Apollo Quad and a Texas Instruments Firewire 800 card and while it does work well, my only complaint is that I cannot map the faders to any external hardware. I am relegated to using the mouse click interface to change my input levels. It's a minor thing really, but annoying none the less...

Midifinger wrote:I have and Apollo Quad and a Texas Instruments Firewire 800 card and while it does work well, my only complaint is that I cannot map the faders to any external hardware. I am relegated to using the mouse click interface to change my input levels. It's a minor thing really, but annoying none the less...

Thats odd, you would think they would have midi learn on the mixer.
:borg:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”