How to Recover a Deleted Logic Pro X Project?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!
(Mac Users)

So I accidentally deleted one of my Logic Pro X projects, and I want to recover it.

So here is what I got so far.
If you Right Click on a Logic project and select "Show Folder Contents" you will find the main folders from Logic, and Under Alternatives - 000, you will find what I think it is Logics main file, "Project Data"

So after figuring that out, I got "Data Rescue 3" and using its "FileIQ" Function, I tried to "teach" the software to look for that type of file.
And then finally, after a long scan, I recover that file. I can that that is the right file, because once I open it in a text form, I can see the instruments and the name of the files I used.

The problem is, I can't open it!
If you grab just a random project, and copy its ProjectData file, to another one, it will work!

So my conclusion is, I recovered the file, but because the Recover Software is old, It is not able to recover the file on a proper way!

Anyway, I know the data is there, I just need to find a way to make it work again!
Anyone?

Your deleted file might have been partially overwritten if there has been any disk writes between the deletion and the recovery.

First of all, you should make a copy of the .logicx file now, and work with the copy.

I don't think you'll get very far trying to open the file objects within the project bundle folder - the won't necessarily be complete project files, just data stored by the master project.

Why can't you open the logicx file directly? Does Logic report an error? If you can open the project, check the File > Revert to menu to select an earlier version to work on.

Another thing to try:

1. Create and save an empty Logic project
2. Open the media browser on the right
3. Locate your backup of the recovered Logic X file
4. Double-click it to display the available objects in the track

You may be able to recover some of the tracks / plugins / content this way.

Of course, if you were using Time Machine the chances of this happening are significantly reduced. It's included free with OS X, so get yourself an external USB disk and make sure Time Machine is running always!

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

hi

did you managed to get those projects back ?
i have same problem, this stupid tools just dont find logicx files :(

best

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”