occasional static/noise studio monitor?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so ive had my krk 6 g2 since 2008 and noticed recently that i get occasional static/noise from the left studio monitor. do i need to buy new monitors? or is this a issue that can be fixed without repair? issues occur in both studio one and renoise using omnisphere as my synth.

I had a similar experience a while back with my JBL 4206's. It turned out to be a bad cable leading from my Samson C-Control to my amp. Replaced it and have not had any further problems. (knocking on wood now :hihi:)

Since you have pinned this down to specifics I'm wondering if it may have to do with buffers? Or is it that kind of static (dropouts perhaps)?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Many Omnisphere pad sounds have a low frequency noise at about 2.5 Hz.
You can see this noise in an audio analyzer in the lowest band.

Likely a bad capacitor. It's a common issue in powered studio monitors a few years old.

Not intending to hijack this thread but a question related to the OP post:

When I bought my Tannoy 502's there was a hiss in one of them, After contacting Tannoy they admitted the first batches had a platter that needed to be replaced. I returned the set and got a new pair (from a later batch).

The hiss is definitely a lot less but ever since I can hear a 'static noise' on my right speaker. Now I know it could have something to do with ground loops or the fact the speaker is in the vicinity of a plug box but in general:

Is it possibly 'normal' to have one speaker have a slightly different static noise than the other?

Actyually it's not that big of a problem. Only slightly annoying when I'm up close and not playing music but it's been nagging me so...
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”