I guess I should........

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just like building computers its not really the power of the cpu , its fun to get a box full of computer parts and putting it all together , installing Windows and big samples libraries sucks though . My wife thinks its cool too , what a nerd hahaha.

That Youtube vid is a pretty decent walk through to be fair. Yeah, it's not quite as easy and the push pin stock solutions, but it does offer far better chip covereage and even pressure across the CPU (improves cooling).

Take it step by step I suppose, keep your screwdriver from hitting the motherboard and the isn't a lot to go wrong with it at least. Most annoying thing about that design is having to remove the motherbaord board again to mount the backplate first!

Oh, I'm totally confident about it now. It's just a matter of unplugging everything and actually doing it.....that is the hard part :hihi:

Procrastination.......

Nah, it's more like I don't want to unplug all the stuff that works just to put the fan in.

Actually, the plan is to do a clean install. So it's moving the older computer in here for a few days, then put the fan in, then do all the redo.

Well, yeah, you are right........:hihi:

So I finally did it. Excuse, when it's hot and stuffy I just didn't feel like doing it. Today is the FIRST really nice cooler day we've had in I think about 6 months. Anyways, like I said in the happy thread, it went w/o a hitch and MAN is it quiet!

Plus (and I guess I shouldn't be surprised) it's running about 15c lower for the cpu temp. The only thing I don't like is that they power up full for a couple of seconds before the bios kicks in......which seems to be common iirc?

Anyways, with the all SSD and that it's really really quiet now. Ok, I'll shut up :hihi:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”