Laptop Specs for Music Production

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is your laptop conneted to internet thorugh Wi-Fi? Do u get crackles and pops after you turn Wi-Fi off? It happens in my case. My network driver is the culprit, I cannot find an updated driver but if I switch off the Wi-Fi, I get all green in LatencyMon.
By the way, the above screen shot isn't very helpful. Go to "Drivers" tab and see which one is causing problem.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Highest reported latency there is from the Windows audio driver it seems, so maybe a dedicated soundcard could help in this case ?

I'm not sure what's up with the huge amount of hard pagefault, I'm by no means an expert interpreting this.

satYatunes wrote:Is your laptop conneted to internet thorugh Wi-Fi? Do u get crackles and pops after you turn Wi-Fi off? It happens in my case. My network driver is the culprit, I cannot find an updated driver but if I switch off the Wi-Fi, I get all green in LatencyMon.
By the way, the above screen shot isn't very helpful. Go to "Drivers" tab and see which one is causing problem.
Likewise, first thing I thought of when viewing the latency report - disable wifi.

Not just unplug the device; you will need to go into Computer Management - Device Manager - Network Adaptors; find your wifi adapter and right click it, then "DISABLE" - not "Uninstall".

Just remember to "Enable" when you want to use wifi.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”