Help with studio headphones

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
hibidy wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
john_doe wrote:But almost everyone who have 8400 tells that it doesn't have enough bass, and they do that paper towel trick to boost bass.
well, nobody asked me :cry: my 8400's have "ENOUGH" bass. what they don't have is over-hyped bass. I am not gonna recommend them as movie or gaming headphones (though i think they are great for that purpose) i would't recommend them for someone who only wanted to enjoy listening to music(though i think they are great for that purpose, also). i do, however, recommend them for studio use :shrug:
thankyou! That's supposed to be the criteria. Not that it's bad to go with the athm50's, clearly they are a proven can, but to hear the bass in a non-overhyped way I'd think would be a benefit :shrug:
indeed

the problem is that most people who are interested in cans, and therefore are reviewing them, are end users and not normally involved in the creative process. this is, of course, no criticism

i have been a member of head-fi for a few years now, and have a solid reputation for buying and selling on their marketplace (it's where i scored my 8400's). there are some members that chose, use, and review cans based on studio applications, but the vast majority are listeners, each with their own preferred signature (though many have multiple cans for multiple scenarios). i have to admit to lusting after a different freq curve for listening pleasure, as the 8400's are pretty flat. i always stop, as i don't want there to be a conflict - if all my normal, daily listening is hyped in some way, then my mixing experiences will always seem lacking
To add, I think they are more comfy than many other cans I've had. I don't feel fatigued and sometimes even forget they are on.

So I got today my ath-m50x, and I f*cking love them already :D Love highs,mids and definitely there's no over hyped bass in my opinion, also they're really comfy. Fluffy thanks for this great suggestion.

That's what matters! Congrats!

john_doe wrote:So I got today my ath-m50x, and I f*cking love them already :D Love highs,mids and definitely there's no over hyped bass in my opinion, also they're really comfy. Fluffy thanks for this great suggestion.
Glad you like them, I don't like influencing people's purchase decisions as one never knows how things will turn out, different people like different things.

Like most headphones they require a 24-hour burn-in phase, they will sound better after that.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”